If I was still PIMI, I'd be terrified

by neat blue dog 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

You all are missing the point of the lesson. Read the article title, it says Armageddon is good news, yippee!!!

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

On the other hand if it wasn't for the ORG I never would have been entertained by a picture of a bunch of white haired bearded guys flying over a suburban house and about to lay a licking on a fully geared swat team. I would definitely pay to see that show.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This is one of the many reasons I was diagnosed with compound PTSD. To this day I still remember the nightmares as a child on being killed at armageddon. I hate the wt. organization for doing this to me and many, many more. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This is one of the many reasons I was diagnosed with compound PTSD. To this day I still remember the nightmares as a child on being killed at armageddon. I hate the wt. organization for doing this to me and many, many more. Still Totally ADD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

From Bonnie Ziemans' Cracking the Cult Code, for Therapists

Liftons Eight Criteria to Identify the Use of Thought Reform

- Mileu control = management of inner and outer environmental and all communication

- Mystical Manipulation = claims of higher or spiritually advanced purpose and supernatural forces which allow leaders to claim exclusive spiritual revelations , making the group trustworthy, superior and uniquely entitled to exalted future rewards.

- demmand for purity = a purposely unattainable demand for perfection, which ultimately traps members into shameful realization of self as 'sinner' (impure), with only this unique group that can offer redemption and salvation from such an impure, sinful state.

- cult of confession = purposely exposes member vulnerabilities, which ties member to the group because leaders/group are now privy to the recruits secrets , sins, fears and insecurities.

- sacred science = practises and dogma of group are framed as sacred, super-natural, all-powerful, absolute, non-negotiable -- with any and all transgressions against what is 'sacred' requiring punishment

- loading of the language = by manipulating many words and phrases used within the group, leaders control thinking and influence behavior, and with this tactic, cults are also able - by manipulating the language used- to determine the levels of devotion and loyalty of their followers.

- doctrine over person = group and dogma take precedence over any person or alternate belief inside or outside of the cult, and anyone can be cast off and declared ''doomed'' or ''persona non grata'' for any infraction of, or undermining of, doctrine.

- dispensing of existence = only leaders are indispensable to group and, therefore , rank and file members can be dispensed with for non-compliance or non-belief. Non-believers are, perforce , doomed to destruction and irrelevant and dispensable. Non-believers will eventually be destroyed if they do not convert and comply. Current members who leave the group immediately qualify as infidels or apostates and will suffer the same symbolic or literal fate as non-believers = the dispensing of their spiritual or literal existence.

Now in my observations. I call all of this a big fat ''YES'', no wonder why most JWs are so effed-up, on anti-depressants or in mental institutes.

It's books like these, Bonnie Ziemans, which drives home, the cult control.

-

• Ding
    Ding

You'd think PIMI JWs would be confident.

After all, they are supposed to be part of a relatively small group of earth's population who understands and pleases Jehovah.

Yet how many of them are deeply fearful they won't prove worthy and so will be wiped out at Armageddon?

The WT gets them believing both things at the same time.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

As many have intimated, this is pure propaganda.

To define further, it is deliberately crafted to achieve a goal of blind loyalty using classic techniques.

Pictorial - most effective form of propaganda,

Us vs Them. Them naturally being a personification of Evil.

Unthinkable consequences of losing - fear mongering.

The non adherence to the doctrines of Team Good = Losing, and it will be YOUR fault

The danger to 'innocents' ie children - playing on another emotion.

Prospect of Victory with the credit going to an element of Team Good that only unswerving loyalty to Team Good will bring about, in this case - 'Angels'

Well, at least the Nazis didn't have winged angel warriors swooping down to ethnically clean the Fatherland, so I think this may be worse.

To be circulated to members in the first place is abusive. To be aimed at children as well is reprehensible.

This cult getting backed into a corner is bringing out some truly perverse, manipulative and morally bankrupt behaviour.

No benevolent god, if one exists, would sanction this.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILL TOTALLY ADD:

I am so sorry that you had these terrible pictures instilled in your mind as a child!

I came from the Catholic faith...Most kids in faiths other than the Witnesses were brought up with pictures of fairy tales and story books before they started school.. Even the Catholics didn’t instill the nightmare pictures you saw!. They didn’t have everybody dancing on a string with dark melodrama hoping they are ‘good enough’. (Don’t get me wrong because I don’t think any religion is good.)..But, you at least had a sense of hope, grace, forgiveness with the Catholic faith.

This JW stuff is certainly not suitable for children, IMO.

• lancelink
    lancelink

when we were in, our kids would change the entire theme of pictures like this.

One Sunday, they, ( along with several other elementary school aged boys) changed all the characters from the magazine into TV characters.

Just imagine looking at the angels looking down from heaven,,,, and they had all become characters from Star Trek the Next Generation. Now those were funny, memorable meetings that we all enjoyed !

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

BTW, it sure is taking a lot of angels to rescue that government-threatening prayer meeting from being broken up by the pizza delivery SWAT Team.

I count 11 of them. I thought they were supposed to be powerful. Clearly someone has been skipping Armageddon training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit