Vicki Boer - Donations

by hillary_step 85 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting
    Just to let you know that we sending a 'musical' gift to anybody who feels that they can stretch to a $75.00 donation. This is NOT designed to push the envelope on contributions, as any amount however small, will be graciously received so pease DO NOT feel pushed into doing what you are not comfortable with either personally or socially. That is NOT what this gift is about - it is more a personal gift. -hs

How sweet of the *we* people! Yes..........I AM going to receive my musical gift - and I hope others take advantage of this opportunity to give and receive....and prove to the WTBTS than we are helping each other in all ways.

Seems too that this could have been overlooked at the discretion of the judge, but in her uhummm, wisdom decided not too. So the WTBTS took full advantage and will demand payment of costs.
    That's why all the letter writing to politicians and media and the rest so we can express our concern at the absurdity of this law, and point out that it doesn't suit all cases, especially a VICTIM of sexual abuse who just happened to win her case.

That's my understanding too. I hope Vicki checks with a Bankruptcy Attorney to see what can be done - or not done to help her.

ARoarer

Will Watchtower get this money that is donated go Vickie? -aroarer

No. We are gifting Vicki some cash - what she does with it is her personal decision. I personally hope she comes to Panama City, Florida, for our Apostafest Oct 31-Nov 2.

How about you & your family? Will you join us too?

• acsot
    acsot

HELP!!!! How does PayPal work??????

I've tried and tried and it asks me for the recipient's e-mail address! Does that mean Simon's? Am I too dumb to figure this out? I set up a PayPal account but this will be the first time I use it.

Hillary_step gave me another way to donate, maybe I'll just do that.

• waiting
    waiting
    PayPal - it asks me for the recipient's e-mail address! Does that mean Simon's?

Good question!

Please donate through this vehicle only. As you might imagine, if Vicki starts receiving cheques that have to be paid through her personal accounts it may be difficult for her in the event that a credit check is made, that is why the money will arrive when Vicki wants it and via a torturous route.

NOT ONE PENNY of your money will be given to the WTS or any other body for that matter!

This is from the link Simon gave above. GREAT LINK with lots of information on Boer Case background & legal decision & how to help with this lousy situation for Vicki.

waiting

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

bttt

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Thank you Simon for your hard work, much appreciated.

A person needs to have a paypal account in order to send money via PayPal. It is not a difficult process to open one, but if you feel that the more conventional route would suit you, please contact me at [email protected] and I will send instructions. Thank you Ms. Waiting for reminding everybody that the WTS is not going to benefit from one cent/penny/franc etc of this collection.

When the anger of this decision abates, the tendency may be to forget the issue as we move on to other things, this is just human nature. Please strike while the iron is hot and donate now. Any amount will help.

Thank you all for your support - HS

• Simon
    Simon

If you follow the link and use the button on the page, all the money will go initially to me and will then be forwarded on. I've set things up so a notification email is sent to Hillary so another party is aware of each and every donation as soon as it is made.

PayPal is an easy and convenient way of sending money over the internet and also collecting credit card payments so you could easily donate something off your credit card if you want. They also have some other payment methods but I haven't personally used them.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• anglise
    anglise

This is a brilliant way to donate.

Thankyou everyone who has helped to set it up so we can show our support.

Anglise

• waiting
    waiting

PayPal IS easy to use. When I (cough) discovered Ebay, PayPal & I became Really Close. If I can do - any fool can.

It is human nature to lose interest in topics - even though our intentions were good.

It's also a proven psychological oddities of humans that the more people involved, the less the individual will do. We all assume that someone else will surely do it.....so we don't.

All the players involved with getting this situation up & running for Vicki have made it easy for each individual to send a message to the WTBTS - you will not beat us any more!

And help Vicki too.

Two benefits for the price of one, eh?

waiting - who's clicking to gift Vicki and sending a message the WTBTS understands - money NOT going to them. Money helping their victims!

• acsot
    acsot

Okay, this is not good for my self-esteem issues!

. If I can do - any fool can.

Ahem, uh, well, will somebody please - pretty please answer my question!!!!

When it asks for the recipient's e-mail, is that Simon's????? What do I put there???

At the rate I'm going I'll just wait for Vicki's trip to Toronto and go park myself on the TransCanada Highway and throw her the money as she drives by.

And please don't tell me how easy PayPal is!!!

• shamus
    shamus

Ascot,

If you live in the U.S. and your credit card is very common, PayPal is very easy to get signed up to.

If you live anywhere else, anywhere where they think is a problem, PAYPAL sucks. You sign up, they charge a 1.95 or something thingy on your credit card, then you need to GET YOUR FINANCIAL STATEMENT from your credit card! From there, on the payment info, it will say "Pay Pal 8765". The 8765 is your expanded use number. You have to get that number and enter it into your expanded area use place thingy in order to get your credit card to be accepted.

Sound hard to do? It took me a while.

Remember that it will not show up on your statement for 3 daze! My advice?

1) TODAY, sign up for online banking!

2) TODAY, you need to be able to view your credit card statement on line.

3) 3 days later, you will see the Pay Pal on your statement with the expanded use number.

4) Insert your credit card into PAY PAL.

Wow, isn't that easy?

Personally, it's a pain in the ass but they are doing it to protect themselves.... if you have ANY PROBLEMS with regard to getting to the screen for your expanded use number, CALL THEM RIGHT AWAY! They will set you up in minutes!

PM me if you have any more questions... it;s a pain in the ass, but them's the brakes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit