Vicki Boer - Donations

by hillary_step 85 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Just to let you know that we sending a 'musical' gift to anybody who feels that they can stretch to a $75.00 donation. This is NOT designed to push the envelope on contributions, as any amount however small, will be graciously received so pease DO NOT feel pushed into doing what you are not comfortable with either personally or socially. That is NOT what this gift is about - it is more a personal gift.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me either by PM or at [email protected]

Best regards - HS

• bebu
    bebu

bttt

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

bttt

• Seven
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

May the coffers runneth over. And to the 'tower lawyers reading this thread:

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Gerard

For as long as I can remember, the party who loses the law suit must pay the legal fees of both parties. How is this possible Vicky wins but must pay?

Apparently, you have a clause in your Canadian legislature, clause 49 which basically states that if the amount awarded to the plaintiff is less than the amount offered as settlement by the defendant, then the plaintiff must pay all court costs.

Vicki was awarded $5000, the final HUSH money offer made by the WTBTS was $50,000 (I think) which was rejected.

They claim $142,000 costs and her lawyer wants $92,000.

Nice fair law don't you think?

Seems too that this could have been overlooked at the discretion of the judge, but in her uhummm, wisdom decided not too. So the WTBTS took full advantage and will demand payment of costs.

That's why all the letter writing to politicians and media and the rest so we can express our concern at the absurdity of this law, and point out that it doesn't suit all cases, especially a VICTIM of sexual abuse who just happened to win her case.

Anyway that's how I understand it.

• Simon
    Simon

The link is ready ...

This will take you to:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/friend.aspx

Feel free to user the banner and / or link to this page. And, of course, feel free to donate !

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

bttt

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Will Watchtower get this money that is donated go Vickie?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit