New to the truth

by MatthewHewey 52 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

So you used to be a Mormon, and are now fellowshipping with JWs. Frypan and fire come to mind. At least Mormons love basketball.

• Moster
    Moster

run boy run!!!!!

• lemonjuice
    lemonjuice

Well these people can be an interesting game to play with when you have a lot of free time as was my case before the facts start rolling in. They will flatter you into thinking that you are part of an elite elect of humanity. This will foster their spirit of alienating you from others. Depending on what you decide you can be part of an experiment in brainwashing and control, the like of which is uncommon in today's world, which would hook even the most skeptical of curiosity seekers.

On the other hand if you have the stomach and free time you could seek to show these people how severely brainwashed they are . But you'd have to do your study and depending on your humanity you'd do a great service to society ... or am I starting to sound like one of them!

Remember though ... they are pros ... they will suspend your individuality, promote total dependency on them, exert tremendous group pressure on you and use every possible method to heighten your subordination to the group while blending in and hiding their real ambitions on you.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"New to the truth." - MatthewHewey

I would feel more comfortable if you made the statement in plain English and not cult speak:

'I am new to the Jehovah's Witness religion' would seem to be more appropriate.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

So where did Matt go ??

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Matthew Hewey,

You have come to the right place. Good advice...Please pay attention to what folks say on here.

I'm a witness...& an active one, but I don't drink the kool-aide. Yes, they stick to the bible and they sound spot on. But in time this is what you will find...Someone said this on this site or another one, but to me it was profound...It's ok to have questions you can't answer but it's not ok the have answers you can't question. As you start to study or attend you will see that they can explain any & everything but....

Here's a case...I had a friend that was going for an operation & I asked a brother to pray with her (she isn't a witness). He said, she isn't a study & we don't know if she believes, so he couldn't...fast forward...we were doing our book for bible study....one of the questions was: Should we pray for those who are not witnesses...the answer was given & from the bible...yes, the bible says to pray for all men...I watched the brother body go rigid, because I know he knows he was wrong...but didn't bother me, because he now knows...even a sister told me that once...we only pray for one another...so she got an earful as well...

Here's another one...when you have been disfellowshipped, & you are re-instated, at one time it was just an announcement...& at the end of the meeting we would all love bomb them...now they clap....so one sister said oops we aren't supposed to clap when someone is re-instated...well, don't you know, a public watchtower said even the angels rejoice when one sinner comes back..so this is how they justified it now...but before they wouldn't clap...so I asked the sister, who told you not to clap, she said the society, & where did they get it from...Silence...

What you will find is that they run ahead of the scriptures then when they can no longer back it up, it's a new light...the problem is when the religion started, folks didn't read that well, now folks can read & comprehend...& don't think they don't go on sites to see what folks are saying about certain scriptures...

My favorite is when they say Jesus is Michael the archangel...If you read Hebrews 1:

• God speaks by means of his Son (1-4)

• The Son superior to the angels (5-14)

Hebrews 1:For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”?k And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”?l 6 But when he again brings his Firstbornm into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”* Now if you were to show this to a witness & say, so how can Jesus be an angel or was an angel...it states plainly here it can't be so...here's where you can't question their answer...

You have a nose ring and tattoos & for a while they won't bother you but they will expect changes...because now the bible should influence your thinking...

As you know we don't believe in Heaven but I could cherry pick a bunch of scripture that point to heaven...but not too many about paradise...you see the bible in the wrong hands can be dangerous...The bible was used to keep slaves in line...they used the scripture that says, Slaves be good to your masters...but forgot the rest of the scriptures and since the slaves couldn't really read but God said it...the rest is history...

I'll say this...see for yourself...many on this site have gone through many a heart ache being a witness...you won't see many things people have said on this site at first...because you are new...but pay attention...don't look for faults, just pay attention..

I go to the hall & out in service when I can...my relationship is with God/Jesus...they think meeting attendance is all there is...to be seen is their whole agenda...they don't have to be nice, forgive, help or be merciful...nope that comes from inside (the heart)...they can only do things that can be seen...are you that type of person that won't do anything for anyone unless it's seen, then being a witness is for you...if you need a constant pat on the back for just reading a scripture, then being a witness is for you...if you feel superior to others who don't worship like you, then being a witness is for you...if you feel guilty about anything...then being a witness is for you...

Go in with your eyes wide open...don't go in looking for problems, just keep an open mind...pay attention...just be cool & you will see that what folks say on this site is true...

You will find some friends are ok, but they need to be in a structured religion...most religious folks are extremist..either in church or hanging on a bar stool...they don't have balance to live in this world...

At the end of the day, just take care of your fellow man....all this religious mumbo jumbo is exactly that...mumbo jumbo...just be nice....& care .....

Tor

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

most probably a troll

• John Free
    John Free

Could have been a troll but if not and if I was in his shoes I probably would have run from this site too. Poor guy wasn’t exactly welcomed with open arms- his opening remark was quickly ‘disliked’ a number of times and some of the early responses were not exactly friendly or coherent. I bet the active dubs on this site were quick to send him welcoming messages. Hopefully he was a troll 😂

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

We have had more Trolls than ever these days.

Does anyone agree with me on that?

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree that we have a lot more Trolls mostly or more people trying to figure out the JW message and life style.

However I think those that are newly arrived like Matthew think this is simply another pro JW or JW support group.

When you are bouncing around on line you sometimes find yourself getting on a site that you weren't looking for.

I also think we should not critically denounce someone who may be looking for some answers.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit