New to the truth

by MatthewHewey 52 Replies latest jw friends

• MatthewHewey
    MatthewHewey

Greetings. I have been meeting with member's of the Kingdom Hall, and I have attended a few times now on Sundays. I'd like to discuss experiences with this group since I'm new. So far, I love it. Everything relates to the Bible and it's all spot on. I am covered in tattoos and come from a life of crime, but they accept me. I currently even have a nose piercing and drink moderately. They accept me as I am, and I appreciate it. I'd like to meet some more people that are new to this truth and discuss our experiences. :)

• Steel
    Steel

ha ha ha

you have no idea son

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Tell them you joined this forum, see what they say.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would highly suggest you research the group it’s past and what the ex members have to say. This is a good place for it as well as Reddit. Do your do diligence because once you get baptized if you change your mind and leave you’ll not be treated well at all!

• MatthewHewey
    MatthewHewey

Well, I agree with everything they have said in and out of the Kingdom Hall so far. I'm an ex-Mormon. I find that the people who visit me have good intentions and I'm happy to be in the Kingdom Hall. Does anyone here have experiences to share ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

He he he. I am sure they "love bombed" you. (Read https://scottleblog.wordpress.com/category/love-bombing/ )

After a time with them, if they feel you are enjoying their company, they will tell you something about that nose piercing to try to make you feel guilty about it. They may even suggest ways to hide the tattoos. They will slowly attempt to morph you into one of them.

Remember that we said so.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Greetings​ Matthew. It's called "love bombing". All new comers are warmly welcomed and "accepted" as they are. Keep your eyes open and take note.

How many have you met with nose piercing? I would bet none. Those with tattoos will have received those prior to joining the religion.

If you love bible study make sure you research everything there is to know about the Jehovah's Witnesses and their doctrine from the very beginning.

Like with every "new" thing you may purchase, read the "user reviews" and not just the "manufacturer advertisement brochures".

Ephesians 5:10 says to keep making sure what is acceptable to the Lord.

This forum is a great place to gain insight into the life of a Jehovah's Witness and you will find we are predominantly ex members.

Good luck in your search for the truth.

• MatthewHewey
    MatthewHewey

Hmm, so this is a forum of ex JW ? I don't plan on taking out my nose ring or to stop getting tattoos. If they prevent that, I will not comply. I'm just taken in by the fact that they study the Bible so much. Mormons barely ever touched the Bible when I was a part of their flock.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well Mathew maybe you should do some background research about this organization before set too deep into it.

Basically JWS are brainwashed with corrupt doctrines devised by the leaders of the Watchtower publishing house. They are told to abandon (shun) people who may have been involved at one time but decided to leave and this has caused the break up of many families, even indirectly caused a few suicides.

JWfacts has some solid in depth information about the JWS.

Or you can ask questions here, there are ex-elders here and a slew of people who have been associated with the JWS (cuilt) for decades.

Jws are known to love bomb newly interested ones during beginning study sessions, once your deep into the religion( full fledged baptized) they will take a different approach to you as time progresses.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

What they do now can hardly be called bible study anymore.

I was raised a JW and was just saying to my very zealous mother that bible study has gone out the window and now they study watchtowers on how to sing and to remember to be loyal to the organization and not speak to your family members who no longer believe that the JWs are the only ones who will survive Armageddon.

My children worked out long ago that picking scriptures and putting them together to make a point you want others to believe is not accurate or honest nor can it be classed as bible study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit