What resurrects, the person or a perfect copy?

by JH 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun

How 'bout them Cubs.

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Bye, AlanF. Hmm. A bit of "victim mentality"? Or good old fashioned lack of courage of convictions? AlanF

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I'm not in the habit of serving baby food.

But Alan, some of us still need our pablum.

Maverick is a very sweet guy and I'm sure he just lost his temper. I can see how someone would see Alan's posts as condescending if you were trying to argue with him. Arguing with someone who's always right can be annoying.

So...what's an h-bar?

~Aztec

PS Go Cubs!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Aztec, some may need pablum but I don't have any.

I agree with you about Maverick. He needs to do that classic thing, "engage brain before starting mouth", because emotion wins out over reason only when it's in a position of authority, like the Church did in the short run over Galileo.

: So...what's an h-bar?

h-bar: Planck's Constant divided by two times pi. See http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/h-Bar.html

Planck's Constant: a fundamental constant of nature arising in quantum physics. See http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/PlancksConstant.html

If you want to know more, go to college.

AlanF

• Aztec
    Aztec
    If you want to know more, go to college.

I'm working on it.

~Aztec

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

We are all sensitive jokers finally ...
    I'm glad we're all the same ... and all together ...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Alan-

You're being childish!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, it took me until now to finish reading this thread in between work, baby, teenagers, life.....

But I have to thank the participants for putting into words what I have not been able to about my own theory on the resurrection/soul. Alan, your analogies were excellent and very reasonable.

Does this apply: If I were to die but my brain was preserved, and then 10,000 years from now a new body created, would it still be me? Would it be the "original" me?

Or if we say that the soul is the mind of a person, then god creates another body for that mind, that would be resurrection, not recreation, right?

But if the mind of the person is destroyed along with the body, then god has nothing to resurrect. He will be forced to re-create.

So back to the original topic started by JH, the devil was right. HE knew that Adam and Eve would live forever and not really die. So the problem was that God did not want Adam and Eve to know this. The Devil wanted them to know. (This is all, of course, if you believe in a LITERAL Genesis story which I don't.)

But this brings me to another question: WHY DIDN'T GOD WANT THEM TO KNOW? WHY DIDN'T HE WANT THEM TO EAT OF THE TREE WHEREBY THEY WOULD GAIN THIS KNOWLEDGE?

But that's another thread which I think I'll start right about NOW.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

It has come to my attention that my use of the word "childish" above, towards the behavior of AlanF and Maverick, was offensive in a manner that I did not intend, and that it caused unneeded and unintended offense.

I apologize for that, it was irresponsible communication on my part. Better words could have been chosen to communicate the issue at hand. My apologies to all concerned, and to the readers.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Phantom

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit