Did others experience this on the ministry or among JWs generally?

by slimboyfat 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

And church buildings were going to be turned into public privies.....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Never heard it myself, only rumours. Might it not be that someone has said - as I myself might say on occasion - that "wow! this is a nice place, I would not mind living here" - and then that statement has been mis-interpreted?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

There are quite a few big homes in my territory and the dubs would make similar comments about owning homes after the current owners die at the Big A. I never really thought about how sad and distasteful it was till now.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

You must either be deaf, irregular on the ministry or never worked affluent areas hippy :-)

• blondie
    blondie

There are some scriptures that Armageddon survivors will reap the spoils among those things that survive. But it does not mean that jws should pick who survives or not. I remember some saying that and I would say that they were judging those people worthy of death, something only God and Jesus can do. It would get quiet in the car and I did not make friends.

God's New World After the Battle

1. How will the new world start out under the most promising conditions for those on the winning side?

THE new world will start out under the most promising conditions, with an overflow of joy in heaven and on earth. The universal troublemaker, Satan the Devil, together with his demons, will have been abyssed, not free and active to corrupt human society as he did after the flood of Noah's day. His oppressive, wicked earthly organization will have gone down in destruction before his eyes. Jehovah's universal sovereignty will have been vindicated for all time by his glorious victory through his Warrior King Jesus Christ. The winners in the war of Armageddon will not come out losers, terribly crippled, as by the forevisioned dreaded results of a nuclear-weapons war between nations of this world. The heavenly Victors will be gainers, and Jehovah God will have made a name for himself that will never be forgotten or profaned again anywhere in the boundless, everlasting universe. (Isaiah 63:12, 14; 2 Samuel 7:23) The victory will bind the triumphant creatures of heaven forever to Jehovah as God and universal Sovereign, and on earth the Armageddon survivors will celebrate his triumph more jubilantly than the Israelites did safe on the eastern side of the Red Sea after Jehovah had brought back the parted sea waters upon the trapped pursuing Egyptian military forces. Many will be the days that they will be collecting the material spoils of the Armageddon victory, as the Jews under King Jehoshaphat did after Jehovah won the battle for them against the oncoming combined forces of Moab, Ammon and Mount Seir. — Exodus 15:1-21; 2 Chronicles 20:1-25.

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/survivearmageddon/ymsa22.html

• dozy
    dozy

I never recall anyone saying that they would like someones house after Armageddon - I've read this a few times on forums since I left but assumed that it was an American thing.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

We have lots of affluent territories in our area (south east UK) and I have heard it time after time after time over the years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well I am sure it's not a false memory on my part or something I picked up on the forum only. The reason being I can remember a particular house in the west end one brother laid claim to and am reminded each time I pass it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've heard it often. It's one of those common conversations among the dubs.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, comments like this were made on a regular basis 20-30 years ago, absolutely. We live in a pretty wealthy area, so there's a lot of opportunities for this sort of nastiness.

However, I don't remember anyone making these sorts of comments in say, the past 15 years or so. . . . Interesting now that I think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit