• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I hold the door for men and women.

No one's ever complained.

Every one has said thanks.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

• cofty
    cofty
    Your mate cofty has several times asked people to apologise to him on the forum - xant

I can think of perhaps two or three occasions when I have been slandered and asked for a retraction. The one that I recall was that crazy lady who hears voices. What's your point? I'm part no teams or alliances on this or any other forum. If you have a problem with LUHE deal with LUHE and leave me out of it.

I have no interest in reading your squabble but feel free to carry on. I stand by my assertion that (unless they have an oppressive husband or father) females have nothing to complain about in the cult as compared to males.

• stillin
    stillin

Methinks she doth protest too much.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Cofty I didn't realise it would bother you, people knowing you had asked for apologies on the forum. It doesn't bother me, it's LUHE who thinks we're pathetic for doing it.

Anyway I will let you get back to your squabble, eh I mean serious important discussion, with JWanswers.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I find it amusing when feminists talk of strong, independent women, then reach for the smelling salts and cry hate speech the minute somebody 'is rude' to them on line.

When did she cry “hate speech” Lmao😂

she just asked for an apology for being called a “princess” ( which I thought was pretty rude , too)

NB I still maintain female JWs are oppressed. Being told to stay with your violent spouse is oppression as far as I’m concerned. Being told your role is to be subservient is oppression as far as I’m concerned. No one will convince me otherwise.

• stillin
    stillin

There was a sister here who felt abused and dominated and in spiritual danger by her husband. Yes, he was a jerk. OK. She left him but continued along with her meetings and service. When she applied to auxiliary pioneer, she was not allowed to be counted as one because she wasn't "exemplary." The brothers felt that she should stay with her husband. She said "too bad, then." But she got in touch with the CC of JW's and told them what was going on. They, in turn, set the local brothers straight.

Sometimes they get it right, but you have to be a squeaky wheel to get oiled.

This really nice sister has been happily drinking the Kool-Aid ever since.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    NB I still maintain female JWs are oppressed. Being told to stay with your violent spouse is oppression as far as I’m concerned. Being told your role is to be subservient is oppression as far as I’m concerned. No one will convince me otherwise.

Yeah Diogenesister I think many women, not all, in the cult had it rough. It seems the more you did, the more you got involved the worse it was. I think we all had it rough though, men and women.

This battle of the sexes, that this thread began with, what's it all about? Why are we always competing? The fact is we have all been hurt in the past by men, women, people, humans! Plus there's a couple of small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri I'm still annoyed with.

Let's just get over it. Move on!

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with you both, it is not a competition. Pain is pain, abuse is abuse. It is like saying a boy has it worse than a girl when they have been sexually abused. My siblings would disagree.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This battle of the sexes, that this thread began with, what's it all about? Why are we always competing? - good question.

Generally speaking, the two sexes are not competing against each other. The only time this happens is since women have been in the workplace, they're competing against men (and against other women).

The two sexes have, throughout history, largely competed together against the general hardships of life.

The only people who are fighting are the radical feminists. They don't like the fact that women are competing against men in the work place and aren't really winning. They want to take a wrecking ball to all the West has achieved ... something something oppression, something something power imbalance, something something patriarchy. It's all bollocks.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It's all bollocks. -LUHE

Yes you're right, it's all bollocks and ovaries of course. It must have an evolutionary basis, sex being the strongest force between men and women.

The workplace dynamic has changed radically since women have started achieving the same level jobs as men. This is bound to have affected the sexual dynamic. I am not sure how, I don't know enough about evolution but I am sure the information is out there.

Not that all men resent powerful, over-achieving women, they don't. Some find it very sexy. Some marry women like this. It's in constant flux now that we have women executives, scientists and premiers of countries. It's all very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit