Ladies First

by snugglebunny 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It doesn't prove your point at all. You stated we have literally no idea about oppression. You only need to be able to read or even watch movies.

• TD
    TD

Being a gentleman has nothing to do with equality in my opinion.

No, but those who preach about equality out of one side of their mouth and about what side of the sidewalk a man should walk on out of the other are tiresome.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know where this attitude came from. Is it those idiotic millennial snowflakes that are poisoning the well with their uber snobby whinging?

Bunch of bloody cry babies!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It doesn't prove your point at all. You stated we have literally no idea about oppression. You only need to be able to read or even watch movies - Er, yeah, ok.

Contemporary feminists have read history books and have an excellent knowledge about the oppression of their foremothers.

And contemporary feminists complain about manspreading, mansplaining, men holding doors open and the gender imbalance of STEM.

Because they're so clued up and have an excellent sense of perspective.

These feminists really know their stuff ...

Edit: there are really knowledgeable feminists, people like Christina Hoff Sommers. She often gets de-platformed ... by feminists.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Edit: there are really knowledgeable feminists, people like Christina Hoff Sommers. She often gets de-platformed ... by feminists

I'm glad you added this to your post to show that not all feminists are the same, that some of them know what they're talking about. That was your motive wasn't it?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I wonder if some honourable males don't simply see a situation where a physically stronger person can show consideration to someone not so strong?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm glad you added this to your post to show that not all feminists are the same, that some of them know what they're talking about. That was your motive wasn't it? - yes, it was.

Here's a video of Christina Hoff Sommers being verbally abused by another feminist at a college campus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hdQsEyION4

CHS identifies specifically as a second wave feminist. It's safe to say that the land whale harassing her in the above video is a third wave nut job.

Notice how the land whale screams 'rape apologist' @37 secs. This was due to CHS examining the feminist claim that 1 in 4 female students had been sexually abused on campus.

CHS looked into the data and found a figure of 1 in 50. But that didn't fit the narrative, hence the hysteria and verbal abuse.

• stillin
    stillin

I hate to bring this up, but some women simply despise men and will argue any point that they can whenever an opportunity arises.

And vice versa

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Other day a women held the library door open for me I had my chess bag in hand and a couple of return books. I thanked her for her help and grinned at her when she held the second door open for me.

I hold doors open for children at the library and have had children hold the door for me.

I consider it my decision on door holding re humans.....be it Females, Children, or any human. I do draw the line at unattended animals.

Now our small City of seven thousand is close knit. No one beeps their car horn. Unless you know the person and add a friendly wave into the mix.

People make eye contact and nod. You almost can recognize everyone you see on the street. You look at people in passing and nod if you make eye contact.

Gender or age doesn't enter into it. Only the weak minded lose themselves in those issues.

There is no such thing as a person falling or having a physical issue ignored. An ambulance will be called immediately and arrive within 2 to 3 minutes....police can be there in one minute.

Our town.......... Lexington VA is the 4th safest small city in the State and the friendliest.

Look it up:

• tiki
    tiki

Kind gestures have nothing to do with gender. Kind people will hold doors open for anyone....same sex or not. When my husband was still able to go out, but needing walker or wheelchair, I was always so appreciative of people who patiently gave him space and time...and actually assisted on occasion when they saw the need. Polite behavior is wonderful. I personally wish that showing kindness, respect and dignity to ones fellow man were the norm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit