When Will Jehovah`s Witnesses Appoint A Woman As A Governing Body Member.? It`s Long Overdue !

by smiddy3 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Mikeflood - ive never thought of it that way about bible examples of women with responsibilities. Just proves GB pick and choose what suits them

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Why is it overdue? Why is it “due” for a woman to be on the gb?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JrJW She said its because the brothers are in charge and they're just there to assist them if needed and wearing the same bright colour might make people think they're on the same level as the brothers instead of being submissive

And the funny thing is you can guarantee some of them will be qualified nurses - probably being told what to do by an accountant or plumber, no doubt, yet the women don't speak up??? Its nothing to do with spirituality whatsoever, so why the difference.

Again, I believe it's all about " we are just being different to everyone else in the world".

Its so juvenile, just a reaction like a stubborn teenager who can't admit he's wrong and has to rebel.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    MOrpheus Why is it overdue? Why is it “due” for a woman to be on the gb?

Talking of having to be different....

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Not members of the GB since there is great opposition to that ever happening. But, what about advisors to the GB in Spiritual Matters similar to those Prophetesses of old who were advisors and helpers to the Priests in the Temple.

Nah, that wouldn't fly either. They'd soon realize that Women are not only smarter but tend to be more nurturing and empathetic than the Old Boys Club is. Why, they might even reveal some "new light" which requires that "shunning" be abolished as Satanic ritual or such.

It is a pleasant thought though...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

thanks never a jw ,you took the words right out of my mouth and I might re-iterate PS.68:11 "The women are a large army" and that a large portion of women partake at the Memorial Celebration claiming to be of the Anointed that now totals more than 18000 ,10000 more than when I was "in" more than 25 years ago.

That is why Scrathme1010 I spoke of Women specifically, I hope that answers your question.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I appreciate all your replies including your very funny ones . And to long hair girl my wife has never been a yes girl and I have faith in the sisterhood.

Trust me I have been married for 57 years { hang on does that mean I have been a yes man ? }

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

never a jw:

For beginners is 50% of the population

and 66% of the membership of JW's

and they are 100% excluded from any position of teaching according to Bible interpretation

and they are a lot more observant of Christian values than men (yeah, those aggressive, conceited, cruel, competitive, horny bastards).

Is that enough???

Actually no. None of those things indicate that they are to receive any more advancement or better treatment than any other minority. In fact, those numbers not even make them a minority. Not to mention than being a lot more observant of Christian values is not supposed to qualify them for anything, that is, if we are talking about about why they are to follow such values.

Personally I am completely against pretty much everything that Christianity (as well as most-to-all religions) preaches about the place for women in society, or how should they be treated. However, if women sign up for it, then don't complain about it. Why joining an organization that has such views on women and then want to change it?

That is why Scrathme1010 I spoke of Women specifically, I hope that answers your question.

Thanks for the clarification.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Talking of having to be different....

really? You think my question was some sort of contrarian post...? The whole topic is contrarian and honestly just as retarded as the whole flat earth thing.

We all, every single ex jw on this site, know why no woman is on the gb and never will be. You may as well ask why no openly homosexual is on the gb and say its “past due”. “Gays have rights! Stand up and own your sexuality and spirituality! I cant understand why homosexuals tolerate this!”

Why is there no call for a woman pope or bishops? Its the same reason. The so called morality of the bible is pattently against it. You cant modify the written moral code of the bible and still follow the bible. Its no longer christianity if you let women lead.

Its a stupid ass post asking a stupid question with an answer so obvious anyone with even the briefest association with the cult knows the answer.

But im the one who “just has to be different”.

no this post is a reflection of the “me too” fad and someones wet dream that it will influance the cult. 6,000 year old cults dont care about hash tags. Anyone who thinks otherwise is #lostinthesauce

• hybridous
    hybridous

A woman appointed to the GB of JWs would represent a wholesale change of JW/fundie philosophy, as Morpheus says.

Given where they currently are now, a woman on the GB would only occur far, FAR down the line. I wonder if the religion could even survive if it started making changes like that...

If there was a narrative present in the religion that bodes towards the 'progressive' (I don't think there is, but let's pretend), we would see signs of it in small ways, at first.

For instance, you might see 'New Light' that allows well-regarded women in the congregation to serve as 'Deacons' or Ministerial Servants. You might see a softening of the 'teaching' role at the Kingdom Halls, whereby women would give sermons or lectures.

These would be the baby-steps down the path. I would welcome seeing them, not for their own sake, but because it would suggest that the religion is facing external pressures and internal crisis which are often the only real sources of change for this cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit