When Will Jehovah`s Witnesses Appoint A Woman As A Governing Body Member.? It`s Long Overdue !

by smiddy3 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

A woman GB member?

• carla
    carla

I would agree with never.

If a bunch of women go together to rise up for even the smallest thing, let''s say wearing pants, they would fear being marked, bad association and even df'ing. They don't stand a chance rising up for more important issues.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I told my brother who is a elder that it was just a matter of time until there are wonen elders. He scoffed. The WT is so far behind the times concerning the equality of women that it is laughable.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    When Will Jehovah`s Witnesses Appoint A Woman As A Governing Body Member.?

Never. And why women specifically? The same applies to a number of people who have equally devoted their lives for decades and have gone nowhere in that organization. Why do you single out women? What is so special about them over other people?

• millie210
    millie210

Paul said "I do not permit a woman to teach."

So never mind Miriam, Deborah, Jael, Phoebe etc...

when you scripture pluck, it allows you to go by what suits you at the moment.

JWs are a turn of the century white man American religion at their core.

• Giordano
    Giordano

One of the dumbest things an organization can do ...... is to ignore or diminish women. Instead of elevating the best and the brightest women you barely hear the Society acknowledging their contribution.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Jehovah and Jesus according to the Bible had a decent view of women and can be seen by the prophetesses that have been mentioned by Millie.

Then along comes Apostle Paul who was a male chauvinist even compared to the times back then, and everything changed. At the end of the day, even in some of his letters he stated that “this is just my opinion”.

As Watchtower are so fond of saying, if it doesn’t harmonise with the rest of the Bible then it can’t be the correct interpretation. That said, I can’t see the current GB appointing a woman.

• never a jw
    never a jw

We will see a male Chihuahua appointed as a member of the Governing Body before a smart, spiritual woman is appointed. And her chances are below male rats if she exercises in tight pants.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"When monkeys fly out of my butt!"- Anthony morris

• never a jw
    never a jw

@scratchme"The same applies to a number of people who have equally devoted their lives for decades and have gone nowhere in that organization. Why do you single out women? What is so special about them over other people?"

For beginners is 50% of the population

and 66% of the membership of JW's

and they are 100% excluded from any position of teaching according to Bible interpretation

and they are a lot more observant of Christian values than men (yeah, those aggressive, conceited, cruel, competitive, horny bastards).

Is that enough???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit