Does It Bother You That Amazon’s Alexa Can Hear What You Re Doing?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hey blondie. I think I am in love (kidding) but being in the same age group I remember a lot of those things, and wife and I still can things, and know about wood cooking (wife is better at it) tv was maybe better when we had 3 ( here( channels and 1 phone with a party line. Respects to you and yours.

As for media catering to young people they really should give facts, and when editorializing make all us think. The posters on here I like the better make me think and assess my opinions, even if I come to different conclusions

• LV101
    LV101

Google is scary - I don't like the idea they control our searches and only release info they want us to have online among other things. Unreal!

• sir82
    sir82

I even know how to cook just about anything over an open fire or wood stove, kill and butcher animals,

have a garden for produce, how to can

I want Blondie in my bunker when the zombie apocalypse comes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think I like the idea of Alexa hearing me have sex. I mean.........that would mean that I AM having sex, right? That seems like a good problem to me.

• Olig
    Olig

Has anyone seen the great hack on Netflix? That's definitely worth a watch

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I am definitely going to try the experiment Simon outlined in his last post!

Got to admit, I was skeptical about the whole 'constant listening' thing. I thought Alexa listened only for the wake word and at that point began recording and submitting my voice or conversation.

I still think that's the case but with a lot less certainty than I had before.

I'm digging into this . . .

• minimus
    minimus

Nic , keep us informed

• LauraV
    LauraV

I never trusted thosethings from the beginning, I would never own one.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What an experience with Alexa:

I asked her to put the movie "50 Shades of Gray" on TV, an R-rated movie.

When I got to the next meeting, I found out she had reported me to the elders.

I'm getting rid of Alexa once and for all.

Rub a Dub

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"

Diogenesister
    Diogenesistera day ago
    Alexa wants to talk to your elders

"I wonder when watchtower will get a 'special deal's for all dubs with Alexa so that they can get the *daily text,"

Actually, there is an optional skill that enables Alexa to read you todays Daytext. ...... I guess it was created by some enterprising dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit