Does It Bother You That Amazon’s Alexa Can Hear What You Re Doing?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There really is no privacy if you own Alexa. There is a report of Alexa hearing a couple having sex.

• jws
    jws

Not that my life would suffer. They're not going to hear me plotting crimes. But I just don't like being listened in on. It's an invasion of privacy.

I believe records were even subpoenaed for a murder trial because Amazon had Alexa listening in and had recordings of what happened in the house. I do not know the outcome. Amazon was fighting it. But they had the recordings.

I will never buy an Alexa.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, I’m very uncomfortable with it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I love Alexa.... she wakes me up, reminds me of important things, tells me the news and weather, if I needed would check the trains and road situation. That’s without playing radio, music , and reading an audio book. Etc etc.......

No, I have no concerns about her listening to me.....I do not use the “drop in” feature or make calls through it

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

That is the whole point. It needs to "hear" everything you say in order to know if it should respond. This is done out of convenience, so that you don't actually have to walk over and press a button before speak into it. Instead, you can just speak to it from across the room.

Now, "hearing" is no the same as recording. If you mean it's recording everything you say on a permanent basis, then it's a different story, though, I don't think there is any evidence of this. Aside, of course from recording after you wake the device with the key word, in which case of course it records.

• Stealth
    Stealth

If I have to listen to the people in the apartment next door have sex, then Alexa should have to listen to me have sex too!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

In many major cities around the world the moment you step out of your home you are being monitored and tracked. And society just continues helping by using apps that use facial recognition and location services, etc.

Governments have taken full advantage of the "terrorist danger" to further limit a free society.

So why don't people rise up and revolt? Because that same shadow government is the one that is truly behind your Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Google, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumbler, etc. Society is too busy having fun to realize they are in danger. It may sound far fetched but it's not.

All one has to look is how conservative voices are being shut down on these platforms but especially on YT, Twitter, and Facebook (biggest platforms). When company representatives were asked by Congress why this was happening no one had a valid explanation. Yet, it continues to happen!

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but its blatantly obvious something is amiss. You really have to wonder who's pulling the strings on all of these actions. Not too long ago you had the mainstream news being exposed for all repeating the same phrases across many different states and cities. The manipulators got caught with their pants down. The CIA long admitted to have infiltrated the news agencies to push their agenda. Anderson Cooper's mom was a Satanist (can't think of her name) and Cooper himself is a puppet (along with many others like Lemon) pushing all that anti-gun, anti-freedom, anti-religion, and LGBTQ agendas in our faces.

And America and most of the world continues sleeping too busy on their devices to look up and see they are surrounded by the enemy. It won't be long before the U.S. Constitution will be riddled with amendments that see these agendas come to the forefront. The generation that wishes to uphold the conservative values this country was founded on is starting to die off. I weep for the future of America and the world in general.

So where do I stand on Alexa? It's invasion of privacy plain and simple. All of these gadgets will eventually be used against the population. Audible and inaudible signals that inhibit the mind will be used (many mass shooters report voices talking to them). Yes, the U.S. government has this technology and much more.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is one of the biggest satanist on the planet. His logo highlights and worships the phallus represents an ancient occult symbol of satanic power and strength. Gee, I wonder who granted him his success? I wonder who granted success to so many celebrities? People may not believe but I wonder why many celebrities have admitted making a deal with the devil for wealth and fame? As a matter of fact Bob Dylan once remarked openly on 60 Minutes I might add, how he made a deal with the devil. Lady Gaga and Madonna among others, flaunt the eye of Horus. There is a rumor Zombie Boy was a satanic sacrifice for Lady Gaga.

The world is not what it seems to be. Apologies minimus for veering off track a bit.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Don't various virtual assistant and digital agent apps on mobile phones and computers work similarly? Siri, Google Assistant, Cortana, Bixby etc.

With Alexa and Google Home, there is a button to turn off the microphone if you have a concern over it hearing what is to be said. You could connect it to a timer to disconnect power if you only wish it active during specific hours each day.

• cofty
    cofty

I can't begin to understand why anybody would have a live microphone in their house connected to the internet.

Tech companies do NOT have your best interests at heart.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

YES - being in the industry - DONT DONT have Alexa or Google home in your house.

Also any Android or Microsoft smartphone is basically giving your pricace away lock stock and barrel.

Apple products are much more expensive, I realize, but they are the only company taking privacy seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit