Cause of Mass Shootings Mental Health?

by blondie 150 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Bet those people who grumbled about having grandpops Winchester 1903 confiscated didnt get over it, just learned to keep their mouth shut. I have heard the pumps and levers are on the radar, and a bolt is the only action that will handle real high power cartridges

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

What does that mean? MOST? 99%, 51%, 30%?
    Why not count which type of GUN kills the most people in the shortest amount of time?

Aurora: AR-15
    Orlando: AR-15
    Parkland: AR-15
    Las Vegas: AR-15
    Sandy Hook: AR-15
    Texas Church: AR-15
    San Bernardino: AR-15
    Waffle House: AR-15

https://www.bustle.com/articles/167502-how-many-mass-shootings-were-ar-15-rifles-involved-in-its-not-the-only-semiautomatic-rifle-on

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/14/ar-15-mass-shootings/339519002/

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/latest-mass-shootings-all-have-ar-15-in-common/

So a killer walks into a school, and someone you love is there in class or teaching.
    Your choice is he has a smith & wesson 45 magnum revolver, OR an AR15 with extended clips.
    Choose.

Why do you love guns so much? I would like to know.

And seriously? The media doesn't cover them? Are you serious?

Ingenuous much???

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Neither is any other gun design

Hunting rifles which are designed for that specific purpose usually have long extended barrels for accuracy and usually have a powerful scope to see at a long distance.

They usually dont have large capacity cartridges that you can attach as well.

Who do you think your talking to ?

There is a reason why in most modernized countries you cant legally buy assault type weapons such as the Ar-15 or Ak-47 ..... why is that ?

• Simon
    Simon

The idea of having a "civilian" version of a military gun is a recent invention. Before that if you owned a firearm it was the military version because that's all they made.

Nearly all normal guns are assault weapons - they are not really "defensive" other than the threat they offer (kind of "the best defence is a strong offence").

The exception being things such as the Phalanx CIWS ... which apparently are not available at Walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsf38NYzo5Q

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Hunting rifles which are designed for that specific purpose usually have long extended barrels for accuracy and usually have a powerful scope to see at a long distance.
    They usually dont have large capacity cartridges that you can attach as well.

Wrong. The musket was a weapon of war and it’s barrel was a lot longer than modern hunting rifles.

Modern scopes on hunting rifles have their roots in the military.

The first weapons to have a magazine to hold extra ammunition was the Henry Repeating Lever-action rifle, a popular rifle with many hunters.

Who do you think you’re talking to?

Im talking to someone that doesn’t know anything accurate about firearms, yet thinks they have the right to take mine away and impose their morality on me like a JW.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Check out this hunting rifle, Fink.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You guys are missing the point or playing dumb for the sake of argument.

There are guns designed for hunting humans in a war type scenario/application and there are rifles used for and designed for hunting wildlife.

Two totally different applications.

Again ....

There is a reason why in most modernized countries you cant legally buy assault type weapons such as the Ar-15 or Ak-47 ..... why is that ?

What is the logic or reasoning for that ?

Come on guys the WTS didn't drain all of your intelligence away .

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Yea and cuz they are exactly like other rifles is exactly why they are the PREFERRED weapon for mass shooters and for, wait for it, crazy militia people, ...

Not true. The preferred weapons of mass shooters are handguns, by far. As for “crazy militia people”, I doubt that’s true too.

It's also why the military uses M15 (fully auto AR15s), just cuz they are like every other rifle.

Ok, so the M-15 is actually made by Armalite. AR-15s are a Colt product. Colt bought the rights to the name “AR-15”. So when Armalite came out with their own, they labeled it M-15. It’s a generic term for the same weapon, buts it’s not automatic. Did you mean M-16?

I have so had it with Gun Lovers (people haters), ...

Aaaaandd this is where I stopped. People haters, eh? I see, it’s your viewpoint or nothing. Are we also just like Hitler?

• hybridous
    hybridous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is%E2%80%93ought_problem

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Problem is that there some Americans who have an acute infliction of social apathy.

They are more concerned for themselves and their love of guns which they think is going to perhaps protect them one day.

One could say a toy that they get off on and who knows maybe extend their penises a little longer.

Cletus says that if anyone comes to take away his AK-47 that he's gonna kill them with his AK-47, there are a lot of Cletuses in America unfortunately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit