Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    As supported by the last big WT study article citing 3 lines of evidence, etc.

Fisherman, which Watchtower was that?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As the O/p said :

"the society's survival seems to rely on older ones dying off along with their memories of what they were taught and preached as truth."

Reminds me of another Orwellism , Animal Farm chapt 8(after the commandments on the wall had been quietly doctored)

"Somehow or other the last two words [newly added] had slipped the animals memory. They saw now that the commandment had not been violated"
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Marked - 1935, "great crowd" vs "other sheep"
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Ucantnome : See WT 1/5 par 14-19 also WT 7/15
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

thanks Fisherman

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i glanced the article and if it is the right one i dont think it is worth more of my time.

was it the May 2016 article to whom the work is entrusted?

• TD
    TD

Prologos:

Explain please ? The Christian Era is ~ 2000 years, , the Great Crowd aspirant time slot only 80-100 long.

I've already explained as clearly as I am able.

I thought wt taught that all but the anointed (about 80 per year) would be sheeplike resurrected on the Earth , like the Catholic " --I believe in the resurrection of the flesh--"?

JW's teach that everyone (With a few rare exceptions) will be resurrected regardless of whether they were faithful or not. (i.e. Resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous.)

Like I've already pointed out, recognizing an entire class of Christians who attain neither of the two salvations recognized in JW theology removes any practical reason to even be a Christian in the first place.

Christians don't serve god specifically for a reward, but by the same token, without salvation, the whole proposition is entirely futile.

Why, for example, die in a concentration camp if the full extent of your hope is to be resurrected right alongside your captors????  What possible incentive is that to be faithful?????

• prologos
    prologos

TD; "--What possible incentive is that to be faithful????? "Perhaps the reward is not in the failing future fulfillment promises , but in a life well lived..  It should make the reward seeker livid. or?

What I liked to point out is, that with about 80 per year sealed for heaven, it is evident that most believers always were destined for earthly live, like it or not, according to wt doctrine. The earthly class started with Abel, the vegetarian arrion sacrificer, ~6000 years ago, not in 1935.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Why, for example, die in a concentration camp if the full extent of your hope is to be resurrected right alongside your captors???? What possible incentive is that to be faithful????? TD

You got it all wrong. When are people going to realize that Jehovah is a vengeful God, He pays back. Anyone that dares to touch the least of his friends pays and plenty. They may repent later on but that involves surrendering and how painful it is to realize what they have done (ask Judas Iscariot) Imagine your resurrected captors having to face you in the Universal Court of JUSTICE.... What in the world will KIng David tell Uriah when he must face him some day... and too David paid an expensive price, so did Amalek, Pharaoh, Herod, those that murdered Jesus, and any entity who dares to touch any of God's friends.

Christians don't serve god specifically for a reward, but by the same token, without salvation, the whole proposition is entirely futile.

You don't know what you are talking about. Christians serve God because as they see it, that is what they want to do. Think of a man in jail who is being forced to submit to rape. They are going to have to kill him but he will not submit and neither will a Christian submit -reward or no reward. He serves God because it is the only right thing to do, sure he may commit a lot of sins and fail many times while trying but not because someone is trying to force him or there are better options. But because It is the only way. Christians trust God with VENGEANCE (justice) -something that you fail to understand, a man of your intellect and education.

Ahh, but the blessings of God's Holy Spirit, what people would give for it??????? Everything.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Fisherman the anointed 'gods mouthpiece' preached as good news that millions would never die they gave people a false hope that they would not die of old age. How unkind.

the couple who studied with my parents would say it is impossible for them to die of old age. They got the 'truth' in the 20's and my mother many times said how happy she was with the hope she had as a witness never growing old in this system. Now her husband is dead of old age and she sits in care home. Why would she trust anything else the witnesses preached?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit