Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• prologos
    prologos

Along with the beginning of the invisible reign of Christ, vintage 1914, the invisible war in heaven, wt tried to give the world an invisible end, it did not work, people kept dying. " The World has ended, Millions now living will never die " read the golden age.

That was wt plan A, finishing at Armageddon. The scary part is that Plan B, the resurrection, is a comparable failing disaster, proof: The supposed 1918 resurrected anointed, the Peter Paul and Mary s, the Johns, did not help the FDS of 1919 to get their generation doctrines straight. They were not there when we needed them.

• kairos
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

............Great Crowd (class)......... TD

Brilliant point!

*** it-2 p. 788 Resurrection ***
    this would seem to locate the gathering of this group in the last days shortly before that tribulation

Acts 24:15 -The WT teaches that there is going to be resurrection (on earth) of righteous and unrighteous non anointed and non gc (unless they die prematurely). Obviously, these resurrected ones are made up of people living at all points in history (except judgement and execution times) after A&E, and in spite of the heavenly calling after Jesus died.

The gc should not need a resurrection (from old age) because they should live long enough shortly before the gt.

To sum it up, we have:

1975 plus the age of eve (end of the 6000)

1914 -20 + 120 = 2014 (generation)

Daniels's collapsing image

Great Crowd 1935 -20+ 101 = 2016

"The preaching work"

According to WT teaching, everything is converging now.

To JW, whether or not the gt comes within the expected time frame is moot because they have proof from God that trumps everything.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The most disgusting aspect is that the society NEVER owns its mistakes, or admits that those mistakes affected so many lives!

That is culpability,yes even bloodguilt!

If they owned up and said "We were WRONG, we did not have gods backingwhen we made those mistakes", than many would not be so angry.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

STUCKINARUT2 - "...If they owned up and said 'We were WRONG, we did not have gods backingwhen we made those mistakes', than many would not be so angry."

Yes, there would.

A lot more than you might think, in fact.

I actually doubt the WTS would survive the experience, because they would have just eliminated the primary reason that most of the rank-and-file stay.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If they owned up and said "We were WRONG,

The wt has admitted that they were wrong about their expectations and interpretations about "generation" but they stand firm on 1914, parousia, last days, Gentile Times, great tribulation coming soon and survived by the great crowd..

• prologos
    prologos

If they admitted that they were wrong they would merely confirm the obvious. rather late for that. The real issue is to continue down this path. the narrow road that does not lead to salvation. that is cramped, too restraint to allow a turnaround. bridges have been burned behind them so to speak. so

another generation gambit would just increase  the wt's culpability. 

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    but they stand firm on 1914

I can't see how they could change this although the last elder I spoke to disagreed with me. As witnesses and proclaiming this good news as a witness I think it would be a false witness they have proclaimed if they if they change it. When you look up the word 'witness' in the Insight book it says see legal case and under legal case it cites De 19:17-21 and as it was a also a judgement message.

When we were raised as witnesses I think the generation teaching was not tied just to the anointed but was associated with the World has ended-Millions now living will never die that was preached when the anointed were commissioned in 1919 and as is pointed out in the Babylon has fallen book in 1963 there was over a million of the great crowd/other sheep so it could be true, then. However now it cannot at least that is what I think.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I can't see how they could change this. (1914)

I agree. As supported by the last big WT study article citing 3 lines of evidence, etc.. (paragraphs 14, 15,16 of that article)

• Lieu
    Lieu

Luke 21:7-8 NETSo they asked him, "Teacher, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that these things are about to take place?" [8] He said, "Watch out that you are not misled. For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them!

Matthew 24:24-27 NETFor false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. [25] Remember, I have told you ahead of time. [26] So then, if someone says to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe him. [27] For just like the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so the coming of the Son of Man will be.

Look! He is here .... invisibly!!!!Everything the WTBTS claims would be destroyed if they got rid of 1914. It's a HUGE problem for WTBTS.

But that's what you get for trying to know something you are told you cannot know. ie. That's what one gets for trying to steal info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit