Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• paladin1
    paladin1
    I read in some WT$ publication years ago that mentioned that 'those who were old enough and understood the events at the time of 1914 would not pass away' or something along those lines. Well those people have passed away and the big 'A' has not arrived. Another false prediction.
  • freddo
    freddo

@ Darryl. They said it just as you remember.

The Watchtower 1967 1st May pages 259 - 262 article heading "Where Are We According to God's Timetable?

Under the subheading "THE END OF 6,000 YEARS" on page 262 is this little gem ...

"The generation that was old enough to view those events with understanding in 1914 is no longer young. It no longer has many years to run. Already many of its members have died. But Jesus showed that there would still be members of "this generation" still alive at the time of the passing away of this wicked system of things ..."

The next paragraph starts ...

"Interestingly, the autumn of 1975 marks the end of 6000 years of human experience ... ... What will that year mean for humankind? Will it be the time when God executes the wicked and starts off the thousand-year reign of his Son Jesus Christ? It very well could, but we will have to wait and see. Yet of this we can be certain: the generation that Jesus said would witness those events is nearing its close. The time is close at hand. On God's "timetable" we are in the closing days of a wicked system of things that will soon be gone forever. ... "

The last paragraph concludes with ...

"... The prophecy is sure; the time is short."

All on your WTLibrary CDROM!

• baldeagle
    baldeagle
    How in blazes did we believe all this crap?
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    The 1995 change was the start of the search of JW doctrine for me realizing it was fake at all. The statement "Some witness believed that..." in the explaining watchtower magazine was the real eye opener!
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Everyone in my family born on or before 1914.... died. Last I checked, they were still dead.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

:musical_note: "...All the change has left me c-c-cold... (overlapping generation)...

...They promised me I'd never grow old... (overlapping generation)..." :musical_note:

• stillin
    stillin

They are ALL gone! The 1914 people are history. Despite their loves, fears and hopes, they're gone.

I don't know, maybe there's a Jehovah out there somewhere. But he's not telling us what the deal is. It's best to live moral lives. The "virtue is its' own reward" thing. Maybe some Higher Power will notice. In the meantime He's having a lot of fun making the "experts" look ridiculous.

• NotNew
    NotNew

I believed it all...hook line and sinker...from 1955(born) until 2010 when the crack got to big to ignore...the walls started to crumble with the overlapping generation teaching. I now understand the power of mind control and why I did not wake up sooner, just glad I was able to. I used to say " yes they were not correct on their teachings but they were still gods chosen religion!" It took me a while to release that thought and see that they were not...when I researched their other teachings. So I guess I had new light :)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Time is the enemy of a false prophet -- Bill Cetnar
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What many people don't realize is the generation of 1914 were actually born about 1900 because they had to be old enough to see and understand the events that took place in 1914. It was only much later in the 1980s that the Borg started reducing the age from 14-15 years old to them only having to be about 10 then younger then finally only having to be born in 1914 .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit