Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• prologos
    prologos

TD: "You have zero prospect of surviving an event you will never live to see. agreed, since the the GC and the GT are all "talking snake book" features; so I look at all this only as to prove the internal failures, inconsistencies of wt doctrine.The Great crowd only exists after Armageddon, perhaps even past the post-millennial final test, for they pronounce themselves as "saved" "--salvation we owe--"

and are supposed never dying, so they don't pay for their "sins" with their personal death, so they have to work at that for thousand years, so where is the ransom value in that. ? Pity the generation that shares time with the overlapping anointed groups.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah I worked out using the Yearbook figures a number of years ago that there are now more JWs who have joined since 1995 than are members from before the generation change was made. That's a whole new "generation" that don't feel sore about being fooled over the issue.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

What is it that you think I'm not seeing?

Justice.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Fisherman in Romans 6:7 I believe the word justified is used and that's how the clean slate idea comes about. If its not a clean slate wouldn't that alter the view of the other scriptures where the word is used?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But there is evidence of Gods Holy Spirit on the work which trumps.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

I suppose you mean when the Holy Spirit directed JWs to predict Armageddon in 1914? Or, 1918? Or, the resurrection of the Ancient Ones (David, Abraham, Samuel) in 1925? Or, do you refer the message in the Children's Book (released 1941 in St Louis by JFR) telling the JW youth not to marry or have children as The End(TM) was soooo close? Let's not forget 1975!!! Dear God! How the WTS wishes everyone could forget 1975. Then when the time for "that generation" had run out, in 1995 they changed the meaning. (All that to'te crap.)

AND NOW FOLKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE HOLY SPIRIT PRESENTS: OVERLAPPING GENERATIONS!!!

Even a dumb f*ck could not make this shit up! But JWs (and Fish) gobble it up!

PRAISE GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT! I'd bet on the Lotto before I'd gamble on anything said by the WTS/GB!

Doc

(Trust me, friends, I seasoned that with salt! Next time I may be blunt about it all.)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

PRAISE GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT!

HS is proof from God not the WT.

1914, 1975 and generation teachings make sense in-spite of WT conclusions connected to the dates.

Overlapping is a disappointing explanation for a "Methuselah generation" (thank you prologos for making me laugh so much. I am still laughing now as I write this and every time I think about it.).

It seems logical that "God's Organization" would disseminate only truths from God but as I stated before, the evidence proves that God allows a human element to coexist with his Holy Spirit.

• Lieu
    Lieu

None of the dates make sense. Astrology isn't for professed Christians.

It's no one's business to be guessing dates.

1. It makes you look like a fool.

2. You're saying The Word of God (aka Jesus Christ) is a liar.

3 The Spirit IS Truth. So you call God's Spirit a liar when you present false dates while claiming to have the Holy Spirit / being "Spirit directed".

4. If you claim the dates were "Spirit directed", then you are absolving any human of error. Ie. Jehovah is wrong and about his own date at that.

From a Christian perspective this makes the one claiming such things : vainly INSANE

• Lieu
    Lieu

From a blood descendant of Abraham:

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

the way i understand it is that in Romans 6:7 the original verb dikaioo is used.

In the Insight on the Scriptures under the heading, Declare Righteous it says that this word 'in the Christian Greek Scriptures, where the fullest explanation of the matter is found, basically carry the idea of absolving or clearing of any charge, holding as guiltless, and hence acquitting, or pronouncing and treating as righteous.'

The following paragraph talks about the verb and ends with, 'The apostle Paul states that the person who dies is "acquitted [form of dikaioo] from his sin," having paid the penalty of death-Rom 6:7,23.'

• Prometheus
    Prometheus

I left because of the generation failure....yes WT is waiting for the old ones to die and to come up with "NEW" light.

I'm in my mid 40's and I recall all the mambo jumbo about the generation. Very few JW's have a clue what was the official teachings of the WT. Few days ago a brother asked me if are all the WT publications available online....well I just smiled and said no....

If they had all that crap on line and was available for everyone then many would have left!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit