I Hate the Sound of the Word Jehovah

by cofty 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Listening to clips of the latest manipulative video from the Watchtower I realised how much I detest that word - Jehovah.

Sometimes I have thought it would be interesting to observe a meeting or part of a convention. I know now that I couldn't do it. Every time I heard that word I would be unable to stay in my seat.

I have a visceral reaction every time I hear it. It stands for so much that I have contempt for.

• shattered_origins
    shattered_origins
    May I ask why? Is because it is a made up word by jdubs? Or is there a deeper reason?
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Well said Coftey!!But life is a Comedy. LOL
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Good, then it's not just me!
  • cofty
    cofty
    May I ask why? Is because it is a made up word by jdubs? Or is there a deeper reason?

As I said, the word is an icon for so many things I despise.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Which is why, cofy, i refuse to even type the cursed name. I simply refer to it as "the desert god". I have even trained myself to read the letters as "desert god" so i dont have to hear the word in my head.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Me too, not only is he an evil God according to the Bible but the religion that pushes that name is evil to.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    If Jehovah is really the name of God, then JW's have brought more reproach upon Jehovah rather than glory!
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Not typing the word is akin to burning books! Something I am against.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Morpheus: I simply refer to it as "the desert god".

I use the words "demon god".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit