I Hate the Sound of the Word Jehovah

by cofty 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    I agree Cofty. The word sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard. So glad I'm no longer around anyone ho uses it.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away
    For me it's about loaded language, an identifying mark of a cult. I have a visceral response to the word striving. My therapist used it in a positive way. I still connect it to the concept that 'everything is vanity and striving after the wind'. I explained it to him and asked him not to use the word anymore. I still have a lot of triggers even four plus years out.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I don't mind Jehovah and I don't mind God but I cringe (always have) whenever I hear someone use the term Jehovah-God, especially when they run the two words together. "Jehovahgod has truly blessed his people" (gag)

• clarity
    clarity

Not only saying it but I hate typing it! Or even worse typing Joooooo's Wooooooos! aaaaahhhh

• possum
    possum
    3rdgenan hour ago
    I agree Cofty. The word sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard. So glad I'm no longer around anyone ho uses it.

ditto!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I like it. I find a warmth to it
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I didn't at first, but now, yeah hate it, I just associate it with the religion and it just brings back bad memories. I especially hate it when they put the emphasis on the middle syllable, as in ja-HO-vah. *shudders*
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh man, I am so glad to hear you say that, I do as well.

I always did, right from when I was studying all through being a witness I have had a gut reaction type of aversion to the name.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's an invention of humans. As Cofty said, it's an icon. More accurately, an idol for JWs.

I hate the use of that invention as a brand. I hate how it's used as propaganda. I hate how the WTBTS lies; telling ignorant people that they restored the divine name when they know damn well they did no such thing. I hate the way they use misquotes, quote mining, and intellectually dishonest practices/pseudo-journalism to pimp their brand.

On the other hand, I love Jeehoober, Jay-hoobar, Jeehobo, Jeehoobidoob and Jeehoover!

DD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It is annoying, isn't it?

The word doesn't bother me all that much when used at the KH. Whats really annoying to me is when JWs use it in their day to day conversation like dude is real. I mean here they are talking about who they think is the ruler of the universe like he is their invisible friend who is hanging out with them. Creepy weird-ass stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit