I Hate the Sound of the Word Jehovah

by cofty 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz
    Hmmm... I hate it when demons attack me in my sleep. Hating a religion is one thing, but hating a name is another. Jehovah is just the meaning of what HE is. The book says He causes to become. The word Jehovah is a translation of that. Like John the Baptist, people knew who he was based on what he did. A translation of that today could be something like John DiBaptist. An identifier of that person.
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    Understandable. I recall feeling hate for the word and what it meant. Now I find the word has no effect. And I like that.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Maybe to get over our aversion we should think of him rather as the dessert God, bringer of fine chocolate mouses, ice cream, and apple crumbles.
  • BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz
    Until your attacked by demons, the WORD comes in pretty handy. I've been attacked several times, believe me it sucks. I find salvation in that word. The organization just needs to step it up with accuracy, and bounce some of their rules. The love they try to teach is a bit conditional to me.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Sorry Cofty, you wrote some pretty awesome posts, like the one on blood, the best man. But I love the name Jehovah and what it stands for. Now the JW's on the other hand, yes, they need a lot of work.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Jehovah's name is a strong tower and to it the righteous runs... was etched on my brain growing up.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Have you got a link to posts about blood and best man?
  • LevelThePlayingField
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    I don't mind Jehovah by itself, but not Jehovah's Witnesses or Jehovah God. I wondered why we are told to be close to God & view him as a father BUT at the same time we address him impersonally as Jehovah or God RATHER than call him something that signifies closeness & rapport such as addressing him affectionally as dad!
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I hate it now because I know it's their fake Pseudonym for Watchtower. Jehovah is a figure head.

Put Jehovah first = Put WT first

Draw close to Jehovah = Get more involved with WT

Obey Jehovah = Obey WT leadership

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit