The awful treatment of my disfellowshipped cousin still continues

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    R & R He's not even allowed to see his own grandmother.

Is his grandmother a JW? Is she willing to see him? If she is, he should go right ahead.
    Give him our love. Congratulate him on the new baby, too. He has broken the chain of abuse for the next generation and should be proud of himself. He has his own family now. <3

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Because of the shunning that WT promotes and the drones follow, I hope that I live long enough to watch this corrupt and abusive cult take a nose dive. Oh God, please let me live long enough to witness it!!!

Me too Toes up, me too!

• stillin
    stillin

I have to ask, how old was the cousin when he was baptized?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I have to ask, how old was the cousin when he was baptized?

He was 16 years old when he was baptized. His dad was an Elder.

Is his grandmother a JW? Is she willing to see him?

Yes! His grandmother ( my aunt) is a baptized member. Her husband ( my uncle ) was an Elder. He passed away years ago. ( I posted about my cousin's hospital visit when his grandfather was dying).

Terrible conduct by congregation Elders in hospital room !

My uncle was an Elder for 50 years. He was warned numerous times that he was not to have house visits from his disfellowshipped grandson. He was even threatened with removal as an Elder from the 800-pound gorilla- self-righteous Elder if he continued to see grandson.

My aunt has not seen her grandson in years after the threats to her husband and probably will never see her great-granddaughter.

My cousin's dad just sent him a baby gift with a card. He only addressed the card to my cousin's wife and granddaughter. For some stupid reason, he can't even write his son's name on the card to congratulate him.

• tiki
    tiki

Appalling that a kid doing what comes naturally gets excommunicated in the first place...but the years of shunning, being treated as invisible is despicable. The family must be total fanatics...and my guess is they would like to get their hooks into the grandbaby and mom to try to entangle them in their sick religion.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    My cousin's dad just sent him a baby gift with a card. He only addressed the card to my cousin's wife and granddaughter. For some stupid reason, he can't even write his son's name on the card to congratulate.

Why do they make a difference between relatives that have left the JWs and those that have never been JWs? Mine do the same, obviously because they want to punish your cousin for daring to be different. Act of love, who are they trying to kid!

They seem a very fanatical, controlling family. You and your cousin did well to leave. It's very hurtful but all I can say is you are well rid of these toxic people.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, 16 years old is old enough to drive a car where I live, but it's not old enough to sign for a bank loan or most contracts. But because he had an overwhelming emotion that he wanted to please his parents, he got baptized. And now the foolishness of it all has come home to roost.

To think that the Organization has made innuendos suggesting that kids get baptized even younger than that! It destroys families!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit