The awful treatment of my disfellowshipped cousin still continues

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

This is the MO of the cult. I don't believe any of the dead GB members are in hell as I do not believe in the bible or a god at all. They are rotting or have rotted away in the ground. They are no more. But my feeling is if someone is a cult member I don't want to be around them anyway family or not.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Personal bias, adorable.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

There was an incident that really struck me when I was an active witness, even then I couldn't understand why the JWs do what they do. When I was an active witness, one of my friends had gotten married. Her mother was disfellowshipped, but regardless her mom paid for the whole wedding and reception. It was a very formal wedding and extravagant reception. My friend had a total of 10 people in her wedding party, including the groom, and bride, and over 500 people in attendance. All the guys were wearing tuxedos, and the bridesmaids were all wearing beautiful black silk gowns. Her mother also paid for her daughter's two-week honeymoon, which was in Cancun, and also paid for the round trip ticket, and the limo ride to the airport (a little over an hour ride). What thanks did she get for giving her daughter and son-in-law such a grand gift? Her daughter told her not to come to the wedding or reception. Personally, if it were me, I would have let the ungrateful child figure out how to pay for that all on her own.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Yeah, no way would I pay for it. What a spoiled brat.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Tell your cousin that he has a lot people behind him. The disfellowishipping practice is disgraceful cruel practice.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Toesup, your comment is spot on! I couldn’t agree more.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Tameria2001

A mother's love never ceases.

Her mother loved her unconditionally and faithfully even knowing perhaps she would be rejected.

This is just another sad and cruel example of how much control the GB has over the mind of members.

So sad for the mother.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses need to stop reading WT material and go back to reading what the Bible actually says ,

such as the illustration / parable of the prodigal son ,short, sweet and to the point.

Luke 15:11-32

• zeb
    zeb

A near relative was dfd. Jw would turn up to visit her husband and ignore her. BUT they never ccame near them before she was dfd. This shows the jw were only visiting so they could shun her and thereby be seen to be obedient.

This shunning is against the UN edicts on human rights but I dont have any link.

and, with such a bunch of arseholes why would you want to associate with them? ..and elders following them? there are laws against 'stalking'..

If I thought for a second that elders were watching my movements I would be on the phone to the Police and report them. It would be interesting to watch pretend authority have to answer to real authority.

• zeb
    zeb

Tameria 2001..." the ungrateful child figure out..." child? I think you meant bitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit