The awful treatment of my disfellowshipped cousin still continues

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My cousin was disfellowshipped twenty years ago when he was 18 years old. He admitted to the congregation Elders that he was fornicating with his ''wordly'' girlfriend. The Elders were following him and hiding in their cars to see what he was up to. They caught him walking out of a hotel with his girlfriend. He admitted to everything because his conscience really bothered him.

That happened 20 years ago! How long can you punish someone? He's not invited to any family functions and only allowed at funerals where the whole family and congregation members avoid him like the plague.

He and his wife just had their first baby two months ago. His dad, sisters, aunts, and cousins have not seen the baby and have no intention of ever seeing him due to the disfellowshipping policy. Any contact with disfellowshipped persons is to be avoided.

How low can the treatment of the disfellowshipped get? They have asked my cousin's wife ( who is not a Jehovah's Witness) if she can bring the baby to their house without my cousin present. His dad even sent a baby gift with a card only addressed to his wife and baby. He couldn't even write his son's name on the card.

THEY ARE ALL CONDUCTING THEMSELVES IN A SHAMEFUL MANNER BECAUSE OF MADE UP RULES FROM EIGHT MEN LIVING IN NEW YORK! I TOLD MY COUSIN THAT IF THEY REFUSE TO SEE THE BABY WITHOUT HIM PRESENT, THEY DON'T NEED TO SEE HIS WIFE AND THE NEW BABY.

REALLY?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

While awful, it should come as no surprise. We all know their rules. There's no time limit and not many technicalities to get around the rules. Some don't abide by them and many do.

• carla
    carla

"I TOLD MY COUSIN THAT IF THEY REFUSE TO SEE THE BABY WITHOUT HIM PRESENT, THEY DON'T NEED TO SEE HIS WIFE AND THE NEW BABY."-

Best advice! Family should be a package deal. I hope the wife doesn't cave and let them see the child. The child should not be subjected to this behavior and treatment of Dad. The child should be around those who love them unconditionally.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The governing idiots will wish they served the True God instead of their father satan.

Each and every one of these indiscreet maggots will burn in Hell for all eternity.

Losch, Sanderson, Lett, the whole lot of them.

If you remain real quiet, you can almost hear Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, F. Franz, and all the former governing idiots screaming their little hearts out in Hell. Boy do they wish they didn't do what they did in this life.

Come on boys continue on and finalize your seat reservation as you continue to fool millions.

Hell awaits . . . .

• Exelder
    Exelder

There is no hell.

This sort of moronic ranting about burning in hell and gleefully watching people getting punished is everything that is wrong with religious zealots and their like.

It sounds as insane as the org themselves.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

How does your cousin feel about this? What is his status, pomo, or pomi? It's crazy the level to which a relative, especially a parent, will go to avoid association with a disfellowshipped son or daughter. I've been on the receiving end (almost exact experience as your cousin) and it sucks. I wasn't even shunned to that extreme, as my parents still talked to me and saw me, on occasion. Not having normal family relationships or communication, because of a religious policy, stemming from a youthful "indiscretion", hurts, and is mentally abusive. But the organization seems to have doubled down on their shunning in recent years, when that video came out in 2016, showing the mother, not even answering her phone, when her df daughter called.

2 things; 1. Does he think of going back, just to regain some sort of relationship with his family? 2. Is he stable and strong enough to realize that he made it this far without them, he doesn't need them, or the drama they insist on creating, in his life?

My heart goes out to him and his wife and child. What a waste of time it all is. When his father gets to the end of his life, he will be filled with regret, even if he's too stubborn to admit it, and his son, with hurt. At least when a parent dies, there is a physical reason you can no longer communicate. But all that time, 20 years pass, and you're completely capable of communication, able to share in your sons life, but you choose not to. Go out of your way not to. It hurts to think about it, and to remember.

How fucking selfish are they, his parents, trying to circumvent their son, in order to see their grandchild. Making their grandchild and daughter in law, pawns in their sick game of shunning. And yet I cant even be angry with parents for doing this, as they are conditioned and brainwashed into doing this, by the organization. Absolutely heart breaking.

I hope your cousin, and his wife, have a good, strong, loving, happy, life, and family. He deserves it.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That is shameful. Shame on them for daring to believe, daring to act like they get to see their new relative but not her father. It's unbelievably cold, self-centered, and frankly laughable: without the cousin they wouldn't have the baby, and now they want to pretend that what, she was born to the Virgin Mary?

As for the burning in Hell remark, gotta agree with Exelder, there ain't no hell, there ain't no heaven, and wanting these people to burn in hell is little different than these people wanting the cousin to die at Armageddon for banging his girlfriend in a hotel room 20 years ago.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    How does your cousin feel about this? What is his status, pomo, or pomi?

My cousin hasn't stepped in a Kingdom Hall in over twenty years. He told me that he will never go back to the Kingdom Hall. He has been told that if he comes back to the meetings, they will be able to restart the relationship. He told them,''The way I have been treated for the last 20 years, why would I go back?''

He's not even allowed to see his own grandmother. It breaks his heart but he abides by their rules. He has been told numerous times to have no contact with his family.

• Exelder
    Exelder

Rules snd Reg

Hands up......right up and waving.

It was ME!!!

So you think that I should be burnt in hell too and for people to queue up and watch me burn??

I have lost my entire family due to this obscene cult so don't try and lecture me on the damage and hurt disfelowshipping does.

It was his ridiculous burning in hell rant I was negging, not his thoughts about the org.

(rules and regs has deleted his post? Asking about who negged the post about burning in hell....just to repeat...it was me. He then suggested that I deserve the same treatment as the org. sick)

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Exelder

Did Jesus Christ tell the Pharisees "hey guys, please stop lying to people. Be nice, please."

No, he didn't. What did he say?:

"You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?"

Matthew 23:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit