JWs have more good points than bad

by lsw1961 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• honest
    honest

Apparently I knew as alittle girl what I signed up for when I got baptised which warrants me to be shunned by my entire family all because I found out watchtower has lied to me and I am held accountable for a decision I made as a minor.

Yeah so my fault....

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Isw196

Good to see your are still here.

I was talking to my 15 year old daughter (a born in) recently about shunning and disfellowshipping, about how even family members are not allowed to have any contact with a disfellowshipped family member. She said I was lying, because she could not believe how inhumane that is. As a family shunning/disfellowshipping was something we never discussed when I was in.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Isw1961 as a witness don't you tell people to leave their religions as part of the good news that you preach. (The angel in mentioned in revelation.) and so are you saying that you dont agree with that? There is some good in all and although you are identified as a JW you disagree with the that message ?

Rev14:6,7

• prologos
    prologos
    JWs have more good points than bad.?-- yes some individuals do,-- but the WTBtS through it's teachings, operations does not.

take your time here please to see how those teachings totally destroy the claimed good. and the good will be better in better, freer settings.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lsw1961:

You wrote:

We should take benefit from each and every organization
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My comments:
    That statement goes against Watchtower teachings and doctrines! According to the Watchtower Society, ALL other organizations are influenced by Satan except the Watchtower organization.
    If you would like to discuss this subject further, you just let me know. I'll show you my documents and you can show me yours. I am ready any time you are to dig deeper.
    I often wonder why people come to forums like this one defending the Watchtower Society, when court documents show that Governing Body members have already testified in court under oath that they are false prophets.
    What benefit does a person get from a false prophet? You may recall that Adam and Eve had "more good points than bad" also, but they were still removed from the Garden....now weren't they?
    I give you the microphone!

WTUnderground!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I guess we are all entitled to our opinion.

Our experience was/is different with the JW's. We were both born in's. Since we have exited the JW religion, we are so much happier. Hmmm...I guess it's our imagination.

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 23:15) 15 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·henna twice as much so as yourselves.

• cofty
    cofty
    With careless ease you dismissed all the good points, which are in fact, really good points

I explained why none of them were good. I gave you reasons

doesn’t that tell you that you have to restore your balance you lost somewhere along the way?

No. I don't hate JWs I hate the dehumanising cult that controls their thinking.

My opinions about the Watchtower are based on facts not emotions. I was an elder and pioneer. I probably know more about the religion than you do. I also know a lot of things about the religion that are unavailable to active JWs. You should stop preaching for a minute and humbly ask some questions.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    They effectively invited the attention of the world into the thinking that evolution theory is just a theory believed out of convenience rather than conviction [if it were a principle, all scientists would have unanimously accepted it)

You do not understand the scientific definition of a theory and are confusing it with a hypothesis. A theory, as used within the scientific method , is a framework of observations and facts. It has to be well substantiated through repeated testing and confirmed as a principal that explains natural phenomena.

Evolution via natural selection is believed by the JW's but on the micro scale ( ie different breeds of dogs or birds )as opposed to the macro scale (speciation, which is where two animals are so different they can no longer breed). Scientific Theories must also be predictive and the theory of evolution has been proven conclusively via genetics.

I urge you to read a scientific book on the theory of evolution via natural selection before you condemn it out of hand. You cannot dismiss something you know nothing about. Wtbts science is wildly out of date, selectively "quote mined" and misleading.

Biologists unanimously accept evolution.

Glad to see you here though welcome😃

• Laika
    Laika
    Brahma Kumaris?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit