Why Are You All Still Here ??

by xjw_b12 47 Replies latest jw friends

• goats goat
    goats goat

This is my first time back to this site for a LONG time. I don't remember my old user name(s) but I didn't post all that much anyway.

...Does Fred Hall still post to here....that guy was a riot!!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I came back here after a long absence. When I was here before, I lurked more than I posted, but I believed and still believe most of the posters here have missed their calling. You guys are tooooo funny!

I love the laughs and the funmaking and the ribbing--of each other and the Borg. A lot of you have a subtle sense of humor that others don't get. I guess sometimes you have to have sort of a sinister mind to get some of the jokes.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Cheeses:

I'm here for the long haul and intend to work (with a bit of grovelling and brown-nosing) my way up through the ranks to become a Forum Assistant.

Well, with an avatar like like, Cheeses, you definately have the qualifications.....

Patio34:

Because it's fun! i enjoy the mental and comedic stimulation. and as others have stated, the veteran status of us all.

That is why I am so dissapointed when a "vet" leaves here.

Whether , they offered insight through experience, personal tales of survival, or just much needed humour, all of it translated to a well rounded discussion board.

But it seems when one leaves, another newbie, takes the board by storm, filling in the holes.

Some posters are "cured" as proplog put it the other day. I just wish they would pop in from time to time, if at all else just to say hello, or a tidbit of info as to how they are doing.

oldcrowwoman:

I am a rock, an island!

Perhaps we should call you "Island Girl" ?

Brummie.....You are a shameless tomcat!

arrowstar:

I came here for a friend. I was never a JW...so I guess I'm an outsider.

I'm still here for the wonderful people I've met. I don't know if my day would be complete without hearing from y'all.

No such thing as an outsider here, unless you consider we may all be outsiders !

Big Tex:

This place, and the people here helped restore some inner peace

And it continues to do so for a multitude of people.

To give back to people and a place that helped me... If I can help someone just a little, then maybe their journey will be just a little easier.

I'd say you've accomplished that in Spades.

smack:

I'm an addict?

It is difficult to stay away from here. I liken it to group therapy, without having to leave the comfort of one's home or office.

goat's goat:

This is my first time back to this site for a LONG time. I don't remember my old user name(s) but I didn't post all that much anyway.

...Does Fred Hall still post to here....that guy was a riot!!

Well Welcome Back. It would be interesting to know what your original log in alias was. That way you could go back and read some of your original postings. It's like a photo album of sorts, to see how you have "adjusted" over time! As for Fred Hall, I believe he was summoned away to "a heavenly calling" Sitting at the right hand of some diety if I recall. Thank you everyone for your input !
  • DIM
    DIM

I still find that learning about the weird teachings is really interesting. I also like to make sarcastic comments sometimes and also try and reason with some of the extreme anti JW's that the best revenge against these people is living your life and being happy, not by doing silly marches and basically being a JW in reverse.

• Panda
    Panda

Ok, I haven't been here too long, but I enjoy the spirited discussions. I agree that non-jws have no idea (good for them) what WTS control really really means to our lives. This is a place where I've learned quite a bit of the actual workings of WTS, and it is so amazing that the r/f have no idea. I had no idea. So I'll prob'ly stick a'roun, cuz' ah shu'ks I love yah'll.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've moved on tremendously with my life since I first came here but I like to pop in now and again because we're all family and I hope that, if even in some small way, I may be able to help others.

My two daughters are still captives to the Borg, but that hasn't stopped the rest of the family living a full life. I think of the girls every day, but they're both adults and the onus is on them to come round to us (our contacting them continually fell on deaf ears). None of us here should be emotionally blackmailed; we cannot live a lie. In this I am content because I have not been false to myself or to others. As you know, my family and I have first-hand experience of how Watchtower tears families apart. That's why I pop back (with thanks to Shutterbug).

With profound thanks to you and CJ for being there for us!

Love,

Dansk

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I love the humour here. There have been times i have laughed so hard it hurt. Laughter is a tonic for the soul.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Flowerpetal:

I love the laughs and the funmaking and the ribbing--of each other and the Borg. A lot of you have a subtle sense of humor that others don't get. I guess sometimes you have to have sort of a sinister mind to get some of the jokes.

Sinister mind = xjw mind. Only ex jws can understand our own brand of wit.

DIM:

try and reason with some of the extreme anti JW's that the best revenge against these people is living your life and being happy, not by doing silly marches and basically being a JW in reverse.

I think we can all sympathize with those feelings though. Anger and disgust with oneself, to have been so "suckered" in that we would have offered our lives or the lives of our children for a bunch of old coots, who couldn't give a damn about us.

Panda:

I enjoy the spirited discussions. I agree that non-jws have no idea (good for them) what WTS control really really means to our lives. This is a place where I've learned quite a bit of the actual workings of WTS, and it is so amazing that the r/f have no idea. I had no idea. So I'll prob'ly stick a'roun, cuz' ah shu'ks I love yah'll

That is why this site, and the links to others, are so important. You could call it "Simon's book of Revelations"

Dansk:

I like to pop in now and again because we're all family and I hope that, if even in some small way, I may be able to help others.

And you have. Your original post " Torn Apart " is one I refer to newbies, who are in a simialar situation. In many cases it replays their own situation, and confrims to them and us, that they are not alone or unique.

chachasmum:

Laughter is a tonic for the soul.

Amen to that

Thank you to everbody for your comments.

• KiraNOTKaren
    KiraNOTKaren

I just came here this month. My sister who has been here awhile (Ravyn) left recently and I didn't think I'd come back in but I did today. Why? Well I discovered the chatroom and have met a lot of nice people and I have never gone into a chatroom without being attacked and I wasn't here so I am probably going to stay. Tinkerbell82 and codeblue and caspian and Jim (I forget the ending to his name) and SpunkyGirl I think is her nic are really great and funny.

I am forenzikz in yahoo messenger as well if any1 wants to IM me- I am pixystyx in MSN too

~Kira

• noidea
    noidea

I have to say that with the last year that I had that I was carried by many posters here..so much love and support and you know who you are..There are so many new ones here now and I'm not feeling as comfortable as I once did..maybe cause when you leave chat the talk behind your back and their real feeling come out..funny they can come up with them when they haven't a clue about you..I'm thinking that's just their own insecurities. They don't know our stories and draw their own conclusions. Whatever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit