Why Are You All Still Here ??

by xjw_b12 47 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

To those who have been here since the beginning:

I have been a member JWD for close to 2 years now. I lurked some time before "taking the plunge" LOL. I learned of this site from my Dad, Apostate Director of the Greater Vancouver B.C. Area

In that 2 years, I have learned a bit about people in general, and a lot about JWs, present and past.

When I signed on I was pretty well over the "deep thoughts" process and "research the crap out of everything jwish"

I asked myself the other day, the same question above.

I came up with 3 reasons:

3. We like the comradary with our new cyber friends. CJ and I are pretty well isolated where we live, with regards to XJWs, so to be with people of like mind (most of the time) and share stories is encouraging. As you ALL know. sharing stories of being a JW, with Non-JW's is a lost cause. They just don't get it. So even though we have not met any of you in person, (yet), we have corresponded with some via email chat, and telephone, and felt great afterwards.

2. As you probably noticed I like to laugh, and that is the 2nd reason I stay here and post, and sometimes thread. Share a joke, poke fun (good natured of course) gang up on a troll. I swear we could start up a XJW Yuk-Yuk club and tour the continents. JW humour transcends borders and nationalities. Totally universal it is.

3. The first reason is I stay here is to watch out for the lost souls who stumble in here, and I am able to help directly or indirectly. That gives me some measure of satisfaction, to lesson the sting of having been duped.

So over to you:

Why Are You All Still Here and Why Do You Continue To Post Here ??

• Brummie
    Brummie

Because I like to poke fun

Brummie

• Aztec
    Aztec

1) Because I've made real friends here.

2) Normal people have no idea what stupid things like the Written Review are.

3) Hearing people's personal stories of exiting the borg give me hope for my family. I cherish those.

4) Where else would I get to see my favorite Brummie kittie?

~Aztec

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Because I like to poke fun

Brummie

Yes But you also contibute much in a positive way

3) Hearing people's personal stories of exiting the borg give me hope for my family. I cherish those.

Aztec. Good point. My side of the family is out, but CJ's parents and brother, sister in law, and their children, are still in, and it hurts and angers her. There is always hope.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I was told there would be punch and pie.

• MrMoe
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The first reason is I stay here is to watch out for the lost souls who stumble in here, and I am able to help directly or indirectly

I agree, this board is a vibrant, funny, unique place that sure helps to soften the blow of WT disillusionment. When I first came here I would laugh until my sides hurt at Farkel's posts, he was much more active on the board then than he is now. When I was a dub, I took JWism SO seriously, I never joked about it. It was so funny and healing (sorry if that sounds corny) to come here and read people's unflinching SLAMS on the Watchtower, often worded so hilariously.

Two weeks ago I went to a ex-jw meetup, and met a DF'd woman whose JW family hasn't spoken to her in years. Shunning is evil, I hate the Watchtower for the shunning more than any other aspect of it. The day they drop the shunning is the day that I'll probably forget about this board and the whole JW experience, but until then I hope that I can be a fly in their ointment even if only to a very small degree.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I was told there would be punch and pie.

joannadandy. And a little bit of naughtiness, and debauchery, as I have come to learn

Mr. Moe. I witnessed your re-entrance a few night ago. Is that the reason for your return, or were you just overdue? Nice to have you back.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Why not be here.. who do you know in the outside world really understands the terms FS, JC, and so on ?

Many cannot relate to the mindset and automatically judge you as the person lacking for even getting involved with a cult in the first place. They don't realize some have been raised, brought over, etc. Many think it is just bitter grapes and there are some who try to "recruit" you into thier own religion or force feed you thier mindset.

This is a place where one can discuss these things with people who do understand the issues we face.

X

• gumby
    gumby

XJWvitimanB12,

Damn ya dude.....this is a doo-zy of a thread....and I think it might have beat the best of minimus questions! Why the hell am I here? You named a bunch of stuff that I"m here for also.We who are still affected by family within the borg and our strong desire to see it collapse, and the desire to see that collapse transpire stage by stage is another reason.

To help out a newbie from the organisation seems to come easily for the newbie, and not much convincing is needed as in the past it seems......and it's fun to tell them what you know about the borg, then slowly see them progress out.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit