Elder wants to stop by with the CO for a visit .

by NikL 68 Replies latest jw friends

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

In my experience routine "encouraging" calls are made with one elder and

one MS,

"Serious" calls are made by 2 elders,

"2 witness rule"

In my case, I told them sure, I'll talk to one of you anytime, not 2,

They kept insisting, I moved,

This was not encouraging,

This was harassment,

I was like Nikl,

I did nothing wrong,

I wasn't going to play their game though,

And let the terrorists win,

Bullies

:0)

• tepidpoultry
  • tepidpoultry
  • pbrow
    pbrow

" I am kind of nervous and I don't really know why. I haven't done anything LOL"

My completely uneducated guess is that your nervousness stems from your just "fading"... which from the co's and your elder friend's view is that you are still playing by their rules and you are still a card carrying member of your church.

In my unlettered view, you have done what we long time and born-in witnesses are exceptional at.... Nothing... waiting and seeing.... you are a fader. As long as you keep yourself in the faded class, you are still part of their system. GTFO and stir the pot a bit.

Buck your system.

pbrow

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I might agree with pbrow in a way,

I was able to move and get away from this 'loving' harassment,

And still talk with my 80 year old mother until she dies,

If I could not do that,

I probably would have thought: Do your worst you SOBS,

And get some peace,

And where does all the love go when you simply and quietly disagree with

them,

Sad

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@OP,

This is a not a "questioning" visit. CO's don't get their hands dirty in these types of house calls. This is simply a "show the CO we care" visit. When a CO visits a congo, part of the visit is always to set some time aside to visit inactive ones. So for all intents and purposes they are using you to fill the agenda.

If you do go ahead with this, expect the usual "we miss you", "we want to help", "we want you back" parroting. Lot's of nodding and evasive answers will get you through it quickly, certainly long enough for the elder to dislodge his lips from the CO's ass and move on to the next item in the agenda.

• freddo
    freddo

@redvip

That is a good point actually. CO's like others to do their dirty work when it comes to inactives.

They don't mind getting involved in non judicial elder and ms removals though.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Re redvip and freddo's comments,

I see your point as a rule of thumb,

But I could see it going differently depending on the individual CO,

They're not all the same,

I'd hate to see the poor guy get blind sided,

• NikL
    NikL

Well, I never got back to the elder and Thursday came and went with no visit:-)

I appreciate all the comments and support. I'll hold them in my head for next time...god I hope there isn't a next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit