Elder wants to stop by with the CO for a visit .

by NikL 68 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

So i got a text from an elder who I consider one of the good guys and a friend in his own way.

He asked if he could bring the CO by for a visit. He said it would be "just a pleasant call and visit and will hopefully encourage my wife". He says that "he knows she is dealing with a ton of pressure".

In all my years around the organization, I never had a visit from the circuit overseer.
    I am inactive (Have been for years) although I go with my wife to the meetings.
    I suppose I could tell the elder no but I would assume that would fly like a lead balloon.
    So, any idea what's in store for me?

• freddo
    freddo

Could be anything from a genuine caring call to a witch-hunt disguised as a "genuine caring call".

However "genuine" your elder friend is, he will dance to the CO's merry tune.

• NikL
    NikL

If it is a witch hunting expedition. Any suggestions? I am kind of nervous and I don't really know why. I haven't done anything LOL

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Just say "No. We are fine. We'll let you know if we need anything. Thanks."

You don't owe these clowns anything, nothing, ZERO. They are basically inviting themselves to your home? They need to get some manners, and get a clue! You don't have to "allow" jack squat! Do they pay your bills, your mortgage? No? Then you don't owe them your time if you don't want.

Make like Nancy Reagan, and just say "No".

• freddo
    freddo

Why the sudden interest in you do you think?

• blondie
    blondie

If the visit is for your wife really and there are 2 of them, you don't need to be there but you could give them permission to call on your wife (as the family head) but excuse yourself. Don't make it a long conversation. Elders have a hard time accepting a no.

In our case an elder and the CO dropped by unannounced and the elder was visibly upset when my husband did not invite them in; in fact the elder put his foot in the door as my husband started shutting it. They have not been back since. No long conversation, just "No, when I do need help, I'll call you." We hate it when elders "drop by" without calling first.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

If they are just coming over for your wife, then why do you have to be there? It sounds to me that they already moved on from you.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You know when the CO comes to town the Elders break out the list of the inactive ones, that's a "come back to Jehovah" visit. If your wife is still in she might've dropped a hint to pay you a visit.

• NikL
    NikL
    Why the sudden interest in you do you think?

Kind of what I am wondering. I think my wife's FS might be down a bit. that's all I can think of.

WingCommander

Just say "No. We are fine. We'll let you know if we need anything. Thanks."

I would but I think my wife would be appalled. I haven't told her about the text yet.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Your wife can be "appalled" all she wants. Remember, according to the Bible (you know, the book they like to attempt to beat you over the head with?) YOU are the "head of the household." Hence, YOU'LL be making that call, and if your wife doesn't like it, I'd remind her who pays the bills and who's in charge, per WT official doctrine? Use, and turn that crap right back on them. You DO NOT have to let these intrusive assholes on to, or in to, your property at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit