Grocery Store conversation with an elder

by problemaddict 2 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ problemaddict2:

Haha! Nice one. Hopefully that elder doesn’t try to get you dfed.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I'll be honest......it was gratifying.

So of course my son did not hear me. I teach him to respect everyone, especially the mentally ill. (little joke there)

In his defense, he is a young elder, and we knew each other for years. But he is also very by the book.....he once asked me why I don't just DA myself.

He.....and everybody......know I am not attending, and will not attend. My "inactive" status is really just a technicality that allows me to still openly speak with others. As a result.....I have been able to help some start their own journey out.

Of course I am celebrating my sons birthday......but I'll be damned if I will tell him that. That was sort of the entire point. He didn't get an answer he could use, and if i run into him or any of them.....they will think twice before prying. Its all about getting them to not think of me as a lost sheep....but as a grown ass man just like all of the rest of them that they run into.....and don't ask prying questions of.

• steve2
    steve2

Steve2 i WHY DO you Dislike when xjw's stand up to jw's? you have a pattern here when some x jw steps up to the plate and takes on a jw. , you cry the xjw is being abusive to the jw...

Fair comment JunkYardDog. You have called me out on this before - and it would appear my subsequent response did not help you see "where" I was coming from. I'll try again:

When I was a JW, it bothered me the way some JWs talked about nonJWs and I tried to tactfully call them out on it. Now that I'm an ex-JW that same sense of feeling bothered by some things that are said continues - but this time it's the way some exJWs talk to JWs.

So, it would be wrong to conclude I kiss JW ass.

If you check through my subsequent comment in this thread, once problemaddict2 clarified that his son was not present when he had the exchange with the elder, I thanked him for the clarification - only I misidentified him as Xanthippe (my error - I had intended to thank problemaddict2 for the clarification).

I acknowledge that for some who have left the organization, it is important to speak how and when they like to and against the Witnesses. So be it. At the same time, I had assumed that if posters openly share their stories, they are open to feedback. They don't have to agree with it - but it happens on a forum. BTW, I put a like on problemaddict2's clarification. I thought what he said was very funny - once I knew his young son was not around at the time.

Hope this clears it up. I accept you may not agree with me - but can hope you have a better understanding of where I am coming from. I am definitely not "pro-JW" because they way they speak to and about others can bother me still.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

PA Ha ha ha.....talk about fast! What a come back!!

Steve 2 I couldn't imagine you saying that in front of him.

LoL 5 year olds wouldn't understand that so it wouldn't register.

Its when they are a bit older the headaches start - and you have to watch your P's and Q's!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    If you check through my subsequent comment in this thread, once problemaddict2 clarified that his son was not present when he had the exchange with the elder, I thanked him for the clarification - only I misidentified him as Xanthippe (my error - I had intended to thank problemaddict2 for the clarification).

You're a strange one Steve2. You didn't misidentify problemaddict as me, it was me who defended him and explained his son wasn't present. I understood that from his op. Whatever do you mean?

• steve2
    steve2

My bad Xanthippe - looking back I took your response as being from the OP, not realizing at the time you had not started the OP and were instead defending him. Given his son wasn't around at the time, what he said to the elder was fantastic.

BTW, Diogeneister, my JW mother's adult JW brother talked to his friend about "wanking" when my sister and I were in the room (we were 8 and 6 respectively); we were later "disciplined" for talking about "wanking" although we didn't know what it meant! But I think you're right: Older children can be more affected by what adults are saying in front of them..

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Yeah.....I wouldn't have said that mainly because hes 4......and also just because it was a bit of a snark. I was making a point that was WAY out of the atmosphere for a young boy, and i do try to teach him to be respectful. I introduced my son to him as someone his father knew. So yeah....lots of reasons to make sure he wasn't in ear shot. He always picks the potatoes. 3 colors......I make him count a certain amount of each. So hes in eye shot, and takes him a minute. I only needed a few seconds. :)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    My "inactive" status is really just a technicality that allows me to still openly speak with others. As a result.....I have been able to help some start their own journey out.

I think that's a great position to be in. That's what I did too. It's a good strategy for those who for some reason need/have to remain in touch or current on what they are up to. I remained inactive more because I don't think that they have a saying on it. Either way, I agree that it's a convenient way of staying in touch and you calling the shots.

Once again, thanks for sharing.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Me - Do you continue to masturbate while now serving the congregation?

Frank - WHAT!?!?

Me - Oh......I just thought we were trading questions that were none of the other persons business. My bad. Alright bud....good luck with those green bananas being ripe by tomorrow. **Pats on shoulder.

Frank: (thinking to himself as he walked away stunned ) "I wonder how he knew.....OMG...I wonder if anyone else does??"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Brilliant come back.

When he tells other people about bumping into you and your son, he will probably leave out the last part of your exchange together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit