Physically in mentally agnostic ie sitting on the fence

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't know if anyone knows, or can know, everything. I have reason to believe that no one does, and no one can. But absolute certainty would require me to know more than I think it's possible to know. Hence why I assumed you were making a joke.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

ExBethelitenowPIMA,

But at the end of the day I love the Bible and think it is the word of God and I don’t see any other religion that comes as close to what Jesus describes his true followers or who are fulfilling Mat 24:14.

Have you ever wondered why the apostles didn't teach "the good news of the kingdom" ?

God gave the apostles and Christians the "ministry of reconciliation".

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation - 1 Cor. 5: 18

Why did God give the apostles the ministry of how to be reconciled to God instead of the good news of the kingdom?

Galatians 1: 8-9 says twice that if we preach a message other than what the apostles taught, we are cursed.

New Testament occurrences of the term Gospel of _______ .

Gospel of Jesus Christ (or Christ ) – 12 times

Gospel of God – 7 times

Gospel of the kingdom – 4 times

Gospel of peace – 2 times

Gospel of the grace of God – 1 time

Gospel of your salvation – 1 time

Gospel of the uncircumcision – 1 time

Gospel of the circumcision – 1 time

Gospel of his Son – 1 time

Christians believe that the ministry of reconciliation through Jesus' Blood Covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" is the primary message during the church age.

After the church is removed from earth at the rapture where they "meet the lord in the air" (1 Thess. 4: 17), the message will be changed to "the good news of the kingdom" and will be preached by 144k male Jewish virgins during the GT after Christians are gone.

While Catholics and 1/3 of Evangelicals believe the Kingdom is symbolic(amillinnial), 2/3 of Evangeicals believe in a literal Kingdom on earth (Millinnial Reign) just as JW's do.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

This new change that if suspected suicidal thoughts then no JD is actually very comforting for those of us who whose to stay physically in.

Im mentally agnostic about if the universe had intelligent design involved but I’m not agnostic about if the governing body are who they say they are. I’m absolutely certain they are not.

Therefore all JW doctrine doesn’t hold any weight in my book.

The Bible however is of great interest to me. If it’s divinely inspired or not I don’t know but I love studying it with my local congregation.

I love hearing from different members who go deep

into each weeks Bible reading and we often talk as if we doubt certain parts or we are trying to get to the bottom of something that doesn’t make sense

many times we just leave it that we can’t find the answers, to me this points towards that it’s not divine but others may think we just don’t know yet

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    into each weeks Bible reading and we often talk as if we doubt certain parts or we are trying to get to the bottom of something that doesn’t make sense, many times we just leave it that we can’t find the answers

@ EB PIMA

Your focus on Mt. 24: 14 is "out of season". Christians are (supposed to be) ready to talk about the kingdom, but like I pointed out above, the Christian message is one of reconciliation with God.

This is why when we went to the doors and preached the good new of the kingdom. Chrtistians gave us the "deer in the headlights" look. This gave the impression that they were clueless. Only they weren't. Christians rightly focus on being reconciled to God, just as the apostles taught, and this is the primary message you will hear in a bible believing church as opposed to a Kingdom Hall.

Scripture commands readers to "rightly divide" the word of God. That implies there is a wrong way to divide the scriptures as well.

The early Christians saw their mission as global in scope, but during his earthly ministry, Jesus explicitly declared his mission to be focused only on Israel (Matt 15:24). He claimed that his mission was only to the “lost sheep of the house of Israel”. The Gospels record Jesus as being up front about his nationalistic intentions.

His focus on Israel can be seen in his prophecies and pronouncements of judgment on the nation. Through symbolic, prophetic actions like cursing the fig tree (Mark 11:12-14, 20-25; Matt 21:18-22) and cleansing the temple (Mark 11:15-19; Matt 21:12-17; Luke 19:45-48, John 2:13-16), as well as strong prophetic denunciations (Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21, 13:6-9), Jesus made his particular focus on Israel clear.

Therefore, we should say the mission of Jesus is first to Israel (through his own ministry) and then to the Gentiles (through the actions of his apostles),

The way to view the NT is that the Christian era is parantheitcal within the over all age of grace that Jesus introduced. The nation of Israel was already reconciled to God through the legal auspices of the OT mediated by Moses. The gentiles had no such reconciliatiatory covenant.

Once the Christian congregation is removed from earth (at the rapture prior to the Great Tribulation), then the total fullfillment of the Mt. 24: 14 will be reaized. It will be preached likely by the real 144K male Jewish virgins and untold millions of tribulation believers as well. It will literally be the last hope for man. Most if not all will be martyred though duing the GT.

But, the world isn't quite there yet!

Jesus was promised a nation, a kingdom and a people, and that is just exactly what he's going to get. The focus of the OT was on these things. The Christian era is simply a parenthesis to this overall objective. WE are the ones grafted into Israel.... not the other way around.

Romans 11: 1 - I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.

Read the entire chapter of Romans 11 with the framework I just described in mind. It will make more sense.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

ExBethelitenowPIMA said: "This new change that if suspected suicidal thoughts then no JD is actually very comforting for those of us who whose to stay physically in.

Im mentally agnostic about if the universe had intelligent design involved but I’m not agnostic about if the governing body are who they say they are. I’m absolutely certain they are not.

Therefore all JW doctrine doesn’t hold any weight in my book.

The Bible however is of great interest to me. If it’s divinely inspired or not I don’t know but I love studying it with my local congregation.

I love hearing from different members who go deep"

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

I like the sound of JWLITE, there are some really great peeps in the jw cult, and having invested so many years into the cult and having got to know so many good folks, I don’t want to leave completely.

I look forward to seeing the slow demise of this evil cult and I want to be there for the good folks who are genuinely good people. They won’t talk to anyone they have been told to shun, that’s why a slow fade or choose JWLITE is better than being shunned forever by every single physically in JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit