Physically in mentally agnostic ie sitting on the fence

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

Hi ExBethelite , you believe that no other Christian group is fulfilling Mat 24:14 like the JWs are .

May l ask why you think this? Does what you " know " about other denominations come from the Org ? I am surprised and dismayed equally by what JWs think they know about other Christians.

Also even if the WT does preach it's teachings to the ends of the earth does it count if those teachings are false ?

Armageddon didn't come in 1975 or on any of the other dates predicted by them . Does that make them the false prophets predicted in the Bible?

Please do your own independent research about everything that the WT has told you , not just rely on their publications.

Jan

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm just sittin' on a fence
    You can say I got no sense
    Trying to make up my mind
    Really is too hard I find
    So I'm sittin on a fence

Reminded me of the old Stones song but you will need to be of a certain age to remember that one.

George

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Physically in..... just in case?

What if it is all a lie?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Welcome to the forum.

Best of luck keeping your sanity.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi EXBPima,

Welcome aboard.

I believe the Bible is the word of God as well.

However, I also believe the WTS is not fulfilling Matthew 24:14 in any way,

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ exbethelitepima - welcome to the 'dark side.' I hope you'll benefit from some of the members here.

Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.

Question: can you provide Biblical proof that -

A) God personally chose the WTBTS to represent Him & Jesus Christ, and

B) He did so in 1919 C.E.

I've scoured the Scriptures to no avail.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Think we scared him away.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    Vanderhoven718 hours ago

Hi EXBPima,

Welcome aboard.

I believe the Bible is the word of God as well.

However, I also believe the WTS is not fulfilling Matthew 24:14 in any way

Vander who who else do you think is trying to talk about the kingdom to every tribe?

Jhine. There is no other organisation preaching like Mat 24:14. If there is please tell me?

cyberjesus20 hours ago

Physically in..... just in case?

What if it is all a lie?

Yes that’s why I’m sitting on the fence🤣

BoogerMan18 hours ago

@ exbethelitepima - welcome to the 'dark side.' I hope you'll benefit from some of the members here.

Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.

Yes that’s why I require evidence of the universe coming about by chance. This is an extraordinary claim with no evidence. Show me evidence and I will jump that side of the fence.

At the moment I see evidence of intelligent design.

Its the easiest thing in the world to criticise without coming up with what you think is the right answers.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ exbpima - LOL - YOU'RE WAY OFF, I say you're way off this time son!! (F.L.)

I'm a Bible believer - not a WTBTS/GB believer!

As I once told a Bible study I had, "if anyone ever tells you something is in the Bible, ask them to prove it!"

WTBTS, 1919 - impossible to prove. Takes a helluva lot of faith - and indoctrination.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi EXBP

Congratulations for sticking around despite contrary views being expressed.

"Vander who who else do you think is trying to talk about the kingdom to every tribe?"

Good question. The following is an excerpt from The Watchtower of May 1, 1999 (p. 11,12) which contains some elements of sound interpretation and I believe will help answer your question.

"In the years leading up to 66 C.E., Christians would have seen many of the preliminary elements of the composite sign being fulfilled-wars, famines, even an extensive preaching of the good news of the Kingdom. (Acts 11:28; Colossians 1:23) When, though, would the end come? What did Jesus mean when he said: 'This generation [Greek, ge.ne.a'] will not pass away'? Jesus had often called the contemporaneous mass of opposing Jews, including religious leaders, 'a wicked, adulterous generation.' (Matthew 11:16; 12:39, 45; 16:4; 17:17; 23:36) So when, on the Mount of Olives, he again spoke of "this generation," he evidently did not mean the entire race of Jews throughout history; nor did he mean his followers, even though they were "a chosen race." (1 Peter 2:9) Neither was Jesus saying that "this generation" is a period of time.

Rather, Jesus had in mind the opposing Jews back then who would experience the fulfillment of the sign he gave. Regarding the reference to "this generation" at Luke 21:32, Professor Joel B. Green notes: "In the Third Gospel, 'this generation' (and related phrases) has regularly signified a category of people who are resistant to the purpose of God. . . . [It refers] to people who stubbornly turn their backs on the divine purpose." *

The wicked generation of Jewish opposers who could observe the sign being fulfilled would also experience the end. (Matthew 24:6, 13, 14) And that they did! In 70 C.E., the Roman army returned, led by Titus, son of Emperor Vespasian. The suffering of the Jews who were again bottled up in the city is almost beyond belief." Eyewitness Flavius Josephus reports that by the time the Romans demolished the city, about 1,100,000 Jews had died and some 100,000 were taken captive, most of those soon to perish horribly from starvation or in Roman theaters. Truly, the tribulation of 66-70 C.E. was the greatest that Jerusalem and the Jewish system had ever experienced or would ever experience. How different the outcome was for Christians who had heeded Jesus' prophetic warning and had left Jerusalem after the departure of the Roman armies in 66 C.E.!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit