Physically in mentally agnostic ie sitting on the fence

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

Yes Fed Up l suspect a bad case of cognitive dissonance going on .

ExBethelite l reiterate what has already been said on here. Do not just believe what the Org tell you as Gospel ( pun intended) . Do your own research. Come to your own conclusions.

Jan

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Jhine that’s the entire point of sitting on the fence, I don’t take what the .org says as gospel.

im physically in but mentally agnostic

until either way can be proved evolution or creation I’m remaining agnostic

until then the Bible is very interesting to study

maybe the missing link will be found or after all this time they will find a monkey skull half human half monkey over the billions of years it was supposed to happen.

but if evolution was true I think it would have been proven by now, so this is what agnostic means you believe it can’t be proven.

if creation is true then I feel the Bible is the closest to the truth but I’m constantly studying

• cofty
    cofty
    if evolution was true I think it would have been proven by now

It has been. Thoroughly and totally proven beyond all sensible doubt. Every living thing descended from a common ancestor over millions of years. This is as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Would you like me to suggest a reading list? It's clear from your comments above - missing links and monkeys- that you have never read a science book on this topic ever. Neither had I until after I left the cult

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

You sound so sure you can prove evolution

Im not as convinced as you, and yes I do read many books and I do think objectively.

Im still agnostic until I’m convinced otherwise

• cofty
    cofty

Can you tell me specifically which scientific books on the topic of biological evolution you have read please?

I have asked numerous people this question on the forum and curiously I have never received an answer.

• cofty
    cofty

That's not a gotcha question.

I seriously would commit the time and effort to help you study the subject.

You sound so sure you can prove evolution

Yes

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Conversation between Brian Keating and Eric Weinstein on something he calls “intelligent design”, among other things. When current evolutionary theory is replaced by another paradigm it will be something new, not a return to an old paradigm because that’s the way it goes in science.

https://youtu.be/zDTdm5ZS7gI

• cofty
    cofty

Intelligent Design is creationism in a cheap suit.

SBF won't even affirm that the earth is not flat. Anything can be 'true' in his universe.

• cofty
    cofty

ExB - serious question. What books are you basing your knowledge of biological evolution on?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I haven’t read any books on biological evolution

but I do read a lot of books on many subjects and I think you shouldn’t need to have long complicated books if it could be proven then we evolved then it would be easy to prove through the fossil records

but it no the fossil record shows no evolutionary changes at all

ancient fossils are no change from same creatures today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit