Physically in mentally agnostic ie sitting on the fence

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Hi everyone I’m not PIMI or PIMO I’m PIMA.

I don’t think the GB have everything right but I’m sitting on the fence that maybe they do some things.

If the great trib starts I will jump that side of the fence.

This is a definite little sneaky advantage dodging but even by their own doctrine last min some could come in.

I suspect many are like me.

I spent years in Bethel and am very disappointed and disillusioned by it all.

But at the end of the day I love the Bible and think it is the word of God and I don’t see any other religion that comes as close to what Jesus describes his true followers or who are fulfilling Mat 24:14.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Welcome, No, you are not alone with your feelings. Many start out "seeing things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but eventually see everything with perfect clarity."

I was also a Bethelite.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    If the great trib starts I will jump that side of the fence.

Hmmm, will Jehovah be okay with that?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Pete were you in London Bethel? I was there for years but got kicked out in the big kull when branch relocated

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Matt 24:14? many other religions are also teaching all over the world their take on the Bible. A lot of places the JW are today had already been taught from the Bible before-that has to be so since they didn't get started until the late 1800's so don't hang your hat on that. I think a lot of things the JW teach are true...but that can be said of other Christian religions. A little leaven ferments the whole lump. Jesus said the Father was to be worshipped in spirt and it truth and showed it wasn't it wasn't in any particular place. The fact is if you looks like the facts about the JW religion, it was built on a pack of lies from the get-go, So much for worshipping in spirit and truth. There are also videos online which dig into where the JW translated the NWT to fit their agenda-I hate to admit that since I was a defender of it at one time.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of unwarranted presuppositions in your OP. Take your time and keep an open mind - way more open than you can imagine right now.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ExBethelitenowPIMA2 hours ago
    Pete were you in London Bethel? I was there for years but got kicked out in the big kull when branch relocated

it would be interesting to find out how you coped after you were "retired"

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Brooklyn in the 80s. Lifetime ago.

I'll be as forthright as possible without scaring you. I got kinda beat up emotionally at bethel. When I left I buried my reservations about the religion for another 10 years or so. Foreign assignment and full-time gung-ho. I always felt like an outsider and a fraud. Eventually I allowed myself the right to read history and natural science. There were no regrets. I found the answers to questions I was afraid to ask before. Everyone is different but if you have a similar feeling of disconnect, the answer is knowledge and friendship

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

@ ExBethelitenowPIMA - But at the end of the day I love the Bible and think it is the word of God and I don’t see any other religion that comes as close to what Jesus describes his true followers or who are fulfilling Mat 24:14.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well that no longer would true worshipers of God be gravitating to a physical place, but that God is seeking those who worship Him "in spirit and truth". At the time he was referring to the physical mountains of Samaria and Jerusalem. John 4:21-24 So...JWs go to the doors, start studies and then drop the "good news" that "Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation". km 11/1990

Are JWs preaching the same message that Jesus told the woman at the well?

Not even close.

I hope you think about that.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It sounds like you're taking Pascal's wager.

Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit