Are You Surpised By What You Don't Believe In Anymore?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I refuse to believe that I am a bad individual and will lose out on my salvation because some feel I have turned my back on jehovah. I have washed my hands of all this guilt I have felt for the last four years.I no longer believe it is wrong to explore other religions or read apostate literature. The wts society is very guilty for using scare tactics

• sens
    sens
    How many here believe in the Bible's view of morality, now?

Ummmmmmmmmm to a point yer...alot of it I dont think is that much of a issue these days...all depends on what or in what ways...but i guess you would have to define morality

3 Sens 4

• minimus
    minimus

I define Bible morality as you might, without WT. definitions.

• Lutece
    Lutece

The Golden Rule is about all I rely on from the Bible. I was disappointed in a lot of the accounts, always seemed so unfair and unloving to be coming from a loving heavenly father.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm more surprised by the things I DO believe. Rejecting doctrine has come very easily to me. If I'm shown it doesn't make sense (like chronology or the governing body) no problem there. But now I find I'm very intrigued by mysticism, earth energies, the Eastern ideas of Qi and Chakras.

I'm surprised to realize I have very strong political opinions, and I'm finding I'm a more than a little bit of an environmentalist.

I'm surprised to find out how strongly I feel against the WTS. Listening to my family talk about their experiences makes me physically ill. I just want to get very far away from it all. I'm surprised at how much I DON'T care if I'm exposed from my fade, and get df'd (although I don't intend to hand anyone an easy "victory.")

If someone had told me a year ago that I would think any of this stuff, I would have said they were crazy, then told the elders. Puke. But whoopee for me! Gettin' out is a good thing.

Odrade

• minimus
    minimus

I also worry less about getting df'd. I'm not looking too, mind you. But I am not going to allow anyone to control me.

• micheal
    micheal

I agree with you min on that last point , not only will we not let them control us. But we won't let them intimtate us. As if being df'ed will be the end of our existence, that scare tactic just won't work anymore.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I used to be surprised, but not anymore.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Things I never expected to believe:

• God is real, just not Jehovah
    • Poetry and other arts are important
    • Punk/goth kids are cute
    • I'm damn good at what I do
    • Gay is good
    • Bend those genders!
    • "Fornication" and "debauchery," even "casual" "anonymous" sex, can be good for the soul
    • Seventeen is a reasonable age at which to begin using marijuana; preferably under the supervision of parents or other trustworthy loved ones (from experience w/ my kids. Hi, Mulan!)
    • The Bible is a storybook
    • Donating blood is a SPIRITUAL act
    • As the Unitarians put it: "We believe that to question IS an answer"
    • "Pleasure heals" - modern Pagan saying
    • "When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds of despair, and when our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, let us remember that there is a creative force in this Universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh, and minimus,

How many here believe in the Bible's view of morality, now?

Questioning the Bible was the first thing I did on leaving the Spoof. Nothing was left standing but the Golden Rule. I still believe that.

gently feral

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

More 'n more....every day, Min....every day.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit