Are You Surpised By What You Don't Believe In Anymore?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sens
    sens
    I do not believe the Internet and his board are unsafe anymore- the exact opposite - they are very liberating

True - V.Good Point

• Mulan
    Mulan

No one should have to stay in a bad marriage (not talking about myself)

Premarital sex is fine in a committed relationship (I still don't agree it's okay for recreation, or casual only.......but that's just me)

R rated movies are not bad (usually)

Occasionally swearing is acceptable

Checking out any "New Age" beliefs is fine and even good

Maybe the dead can communicate with us

I don't care if people smoke..............it's not a judgment from God if you do

I don't care if people use marijuana responsibly (I never have................yet) I don't think it is for teenagers ever

I am not in subjection to anyone

I can believe what I want to believe

That's just a short list.

• shotgun
    shotgun

For me Min...... my beliefs keep falling like dominoes.

The counselor told me something that my wife, family, friends and the elders certainly didn't.

He told me to start believing in myself and my capability to make decisions.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Mulan: You've come far, pilgrim! And I mean that in a good way. (This from someone who has lurked on this board for more than two years and then went back and read every single post beginning with Simon's initial intro).

• sens
    sens

Good Point, Will have to remember that one.

Also too i remember a sister saying to me once ''by watching tv shows with gay people in them we are inviting them into our lounge rooms''.....

That I certainly dont believe.

3 Sens 4

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks, Willy! I know!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Uh oh!! That sounds like independent thinking to me! You know that Satan started independent thinking and that's the trap Adam & Even fell into!

Ugh... I hate trying to argue that we should be able to think for ourselves with a dub!

• mizpah
    mizpah

minimus:

While I still hold on to some of the doctrinal teachings, I have discarded all the prophetic interpretations of the Watchtower Society. Also, it has been such a relief not to be judgmental with regard to other religious beliefs. I no longer feel that a person is judged because of his religious association or doctrinal beliefs.

Two things struck me when I left the organization. First, I am going to die someday. I always thought in terms of surviving Armageddon. It seems that JWs are always looking toward the future and missing the pleasures of the present. But death is a reality. And every day becomes an important one.

Secondly, I now have a different perspective of other people. I always knew there were good and kind people "in the world." But I no longer feel I have to carry a message to them to convert them to a belief system. I leave all judgment to God. And this takes off a tremendous burden upon one's spiritual "shoulders." If I do talk about religion, it is to share not to convert. And I'm really interested in their viewpoints now. Life is so much easier and happier upon leaving the organization.

• sndy420
    sndy420

I don't believe anyone knows what happens to us after we die. I don't believe a creator with the ability to create this universe really cares if we celebrate holidays etc... I DO NOT believe that JWS are god's chosen people. I don't believe that mind control has anything to do with loving and serving god. I guess I just don't believe any of it anymore.

FREEDOM !!!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have become much more relaxed about life. We are here to enjoy life.

I have accepted the fact that we just don't have all the answers to everything, nor are we supposed to understand everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit