I've heard all about you!

by SM62 65 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hi SM62!!!!!

A very warm welcome to you Terri, from a fellow Englander

I felt scared too when I started posting but that will soon pass. Most folks on here are very nice, just the odd jerk to watch our for, but they are fewer and far between than they used to be.

DON'T WORRY - YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!!!

TTFN

Dean

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    I feel so scared - as if someone is going to jump out on me and see me posting to this board

i felt that way at first, too, and i've been good and out for three years now. i think everyone experiences this at some point, the fear of "getting caught" can be awful. it will get better. ((((terri))))

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Terri,

Welcome to the Board.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Terri, welcome girl! You'll find kind and helpful people here. We really do know how you feel many of us have been there, done that. I tried to force myself to fit in but after I started having doubts, my brain rebelled against the nonsence I was hearing from the platform and reading in the mags. I understand why you're scared buy I promise, you're going to be better than okay once the dust settles. Give yourself time. When I became inactive 6 months ago, I felt so isolated, like I didn't fit in with the borg or the world. Now I'm a happy and free, you will be too. - V Sky

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Terri and welcome. You asked:

I have been a JW for approx 14 years - although when do you all count from? When you started studying? When you got baptised?

I quit going by the rules the WT made up. I was born into the religion and never knew any other bible teachings. The WT governed my whole life from the time I was born, so, I count the time I was in that org. from birth till I left. (54 years) I do not care what standards they use. It is my choice. Be free!

Borgfree

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    So many of us know what you're experiencing - not fitting in, not belonging; the truth of the matter is that the whole structure of the Society is made so that the average person feels as though they can't measure up, and therefore, not really belong to the group. Added to that problem is the fact that no one can come right out and talk about stuff like this to other JWs for fear of being seen as weak, rather than discerning, which is the reality of the matter. When you discern what's really going on, you can't help but feel as though you don't fit in. It's the beginning of opening yourself up to all the wonderful possibilities out there, and discovering for yourself who you really are and what you really wnt to believe in.

I thought it was just me. I guess I was normal, then. I was so unhappy. I tried to fit in and to be happy. There is no way you can be happy unless you brainwash yourself that unhappiness is the happiness.

Don't be afraid, Terry. You have every right to do whatever you want. If any jw has a problem with that, they should drop out of the U.S. Supreme Court.

• Brandy
    Brandy

Welcome Terri

I am new here also. Great place. I never fit in at the KH.

You are way smarter than you think. You questioned the borg.

brandy

• talesin
    talesin

terri,

welcome, happy you're here. I felt the same way 2 months ago (kinda dumb) but the people here are great and v. supportive.

This was my first discussion board ever in my life...........I was never online till last yr and I am glad I finally took the steps to be online.

Jes, same for moi!! Only it was about 2-3 months ago. I'm happy my first steps were at JWD.

flowerpetal

i liked yr post, hope you are back to stay.

tal

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Terri!!!!!!!!! It takes much courage to come into an internet site and do any posting. We are proud of you!!!!!!! I am from a JW family, all the way back to Russell. I thought Jehovah would strike me dead when I came onto this board. Well it has been over a year and I am still posting!!!

Leaving is a process...loosing the fear and control that this religion has over people takes time. Enjoy the journey..find out who Terri is..what does she want...You will in time learn to express yourself and your needs.. Being a JW woman that was not allowed. Keep coming back!!!! Your are doing awesome.

Leslie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Joy,

<using calculator to add it up!!!

("Barney's age") You needed a CALCULATOR???!!!!!!! Now, THAT'S inadequate.

As for you, Terri,

You're doing great! It's so nice to have you here. I remember not feeling comfortable about posting, either. I waited until I was officially DA'd, but I read LOTS before that. Just say what you feel (after counting to 10) -- after all, if I can post remarks like the one above to my dear friend Joy, I'm sure you can post something "intelligenter"!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit