I've heard all about you!

by SM62 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome Terri! Feel free to post when you get comfortable and don't worry...we enjoy new voices, opinions, and friends. Unlike our counterparts at the Kingdom Hall. I look forward to hearing more of your story.

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

:)

I recommend being pro-active about improving your opinion of yourself. Strive to eliminate self-hatred, and cultivate self-love.

A counselor I saw for a while suggested that I should make it my "mission in life" simply to be happy. It took be a long time to figure out how - for a while it looked impossible - but I've decided that was very good advice.

Cruithne (not the name my parents bestowed on me)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Terri: Glad to have you here. Along with reading Ray Franz, Crisis of Conscience and Steve Hassan book on Mind Control this site has been instrumental in helping me exit the Borg. Maverick

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Big WELCOME Terri.... glad you can join us....

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Terri,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I have learned alot from these guys.

WELCOME.

Special K

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Hi ((((Terri,)))) and welcome. There is much to be learned by watching and listening. When you're ready to ask questions, you'll certainly get plenty of answers.

FreeFallin

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Terri! I know how you feel -- my hands were shaking for my first few posts here and I was so afraid that I would be ignored or ridiculed because that's what I was used to at the Kingdom Hall. But I found a wonderfully rowdy group of FRIENDS, people who could relate to how I felt and who actually liked me once they got to know me! Pretty cool!

So here's lots of cyberhugs for our latest newbie (((((Terri)))))!

Nina

• Jesika
    Jesika

Welcome Terri!!!!!!!!

This was my first discussion board ever in my life...........I was never online till last yr and I am glad I finally took the steps to be online.

Take your time and kick your feet up.........lots of good people here and if you have any ?'s feel free to ask us!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Jes

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi there Terri, glad that you made it here.

Feel free to post whenever you feel the need to.

You don't have to say anything in particular; just what you feel comfortable with.

I've been 20 years outside of the organization (Truth) etc., and post JW, I am still learning/finding out things about the Organization.

Hang out, and you do not need to expose yourself. Just post anonymously.

This is the ONLY exJW forum I post on.

• greven
    greven
    in the meantime I will do what I do best - just watch, listen and learn!

Well terri, that is a good strategy to start from. Just sit back and look at both sides of the case, this forum has not only ex-jw's but also active jw's and even a few neverbeen-jw's. There are Christians, Agnostics, Atheists and people with other worldviews on this board. Do not believe anyone right away, but evaluate their arguments and do some research yourself. Do not dismiss any party too soon. 'Make sure of all things' so to speak. Do not be afraid to ask for evidence to any claims. Open your mind! This can be a frightening experience at first but it will be very rewarding.

You are embarking on a journey of learning, like most of us. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Welcome aboard!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit