I've heard all about you!

by SM62 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome Terri!

I really could not see the love in the Kingdom Hall that everyone was talking about. It didn't exist. I tried so hard to fit in, but was always a misfit.

You & me both! If I stated my opinion about anything, I would get a funny look, or people would just say "Oh yeah" and walk away. Noone ever tried to carry a conversation with me at the KH. I had no friends, even though an elder told me "Your friends are here. If you're not here, you have no friends".

And don't say you're not too bright, because you've started to see the JWs for what they are. Robots can be controlled by someone, but intelligent humans don't need to be controlled because they can think for themselves.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    an elder told me "Your friends are here. If you're not here, you have no friends".

Classic statement that shows the jw attitude toward love for what it really is.

• termite 35
    termite 35

It'd be great to hear all about you sometime too.. .hope you enjoy reading all the posts and find some stuff that might help you...if you ever want to you can pm me anytime...hope to see you around the board welcome

• caspian
    caspian

Welcome from a fellow brit.

Caspian

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Welcome, Terri!

I'm enjoying reading your posts.

I tried so hard to fit in, but was always a misfit.

Yep, that's me too! Alot of us of felt that way as JW's, you are not alone, and that's what is so great about this board. Keep reading, you'll learn alot.

Hapgood

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Terri!

You're doing just fine. Just relax and be yourself. If you want to find out the truth about the "Truth" then I would recommend spelunking into the some old threads started by Maximus, Farkel and AlanF. Click on "Member Directory" at the top and find their names. There are some fascinating subjects covered that your husband might also find interesting.

Take care.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

FROM ONE TERRY TO ANOTHER TERRI, WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

NEVER FEAR, WE ARE A GREAT GROUP WHO CARES FOR EACH OTHER, THROUGH THICK AND THIN, WE'LL SEE YOU GET BY AND WHEN YOU LAUGH OR CRY WE SHALL DO IT TOGETHER. YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE AGAIN. WE EVEN HAVE GET TOGETHERS WE CALL APOSTOFESTS AND WE EAT AND DRINK AND ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY. WHAT BETTER THINGS CAN YOU DO IN LIFE.

SO TERRI, ONE MORE TIME WELCOME

LUV YA ORANGEFATCAT,

• SM62
    SM62

I have just got in from work and was thinking about your comments.

I feel so scared - as if someone is going to jump out on me and see me posting to this board. My nerves are in shreds and I feel like a quivering jelly. Please be patient with me while I find my feet - I feel so very very ill, as if I should be carted off to the nearest funny farm.

sorry - Terri

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I feel so scared

Join the club. We've all been there. I was so nervous when I made my first post my hands shook while I typed! I just knew something bad was going to happen to me or my family because Jehovah was seeing what I was doing and he would certainly punish me.

Instead, something strange happened. I felt better. The inner conflict was gone and I felt this tremendous weight off of my shoulders. I believe God doesn't make crap, and if your gut is telling you something about the Witnesses is wrong, then it might just be because you're right.

Don't be hard on yourself and don't be sorry. At the end of the day, you've got to be who you really are.

Be well,

Chris

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You've been conditioned to feel that way by the society, and many here have gone through what you're going through right now. I've had that feeling, except in different circumstances. When I was dating in my teen years, I was always afraid that someone was going to catch me and report me to the elders. I was always looking over my shoulder to make sure noone I knew was around.... and what is Jehovah thinking? Nothing bad ever came of it, and I started feeling better about myself as time went by.

This is a huge step for you Terri, and you are to be commended for making it! You know that something's not quite right with the "one true religion", and you're trying to find out what it is. In that process, you're going to discover some phobias that you never really knew existed. Facing these phobias is one way of overcoming them.

We will be patient with you Terri, because we were all there at one time. It's going to take some time, but you had the strength to make this first move, and you're only going to get stronger as time goes by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit