if you had the slightest of doubt about leaving leaving the watchtower org. go to to jwsurvey.org NOW!

by nowwhat? 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    cedars needs a proof reader.
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Ruby,

John Cedars (Lloyd Evans) is the founder and Senior Editor of JWSurvey.org. "John Redwood" is an associate editor and reporter for the website. They are not one and the same. I can assure you that the article that appears on JWsurvey.org is an accurate representation of the Watchtower's purchasing the awards mentioned and then its promotion of those awards as being something they "won" as recognition of their production quality and video presentation.

Many years ago when I was in the Real Estate mortgage business in California, there was a similar scam going on that was finally stifled. Newly licensed real estate salesmen would often buy certificates and trophies touting their history of sales - even though some had never actually brokered a property sale or refinance. There were companies selling these as promotional items to be used as office decorations so that when potential clients would come in they would be impressed and get the impression that they were dealing with successful business persons. Although I am no longer in that business, I believe that both the State licensing bureau and the local Realtor Associations finally put a stop to those kinds of self-promotional gimmicks.

Maybe the Watchtower leaders do deserve some awards. There were some great acting and script-reading performances by Watchtower elders and officers during the Australian Commission hearings.

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2
    Ruby456 - You are a lost cause. And Cedars needs a proof-reader? Pot calling the kettle...
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

Juan, for me the tellyawards are advertising - but they do seem to have a judging process that means only items that meet a standard of merit can claim to have been awarded by them. This is bascally what the watchtower writers are saying

as to cost (and the telly awards are very open about this)- see below

For over a quarter century, the Telly statuette has been a symbol of creative excellence.
    Designed by the same firm that makes the Oscar® and Emmy®, the Telly statuette is nearly 12 inches tall and weighs more than 4 1/2 pounds. Winners that wish to commemorate their achievement will have the opportunity to purchase a winner's package, which includes one statuette and one commemorative certificate. If you wish to honor other members of your team, your client, or anyone else involved in your award-winning entry, additional statuettes and certificates are available.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

as to proof reading - well more accurately cedars needs more collaborators so that the info can be juicy as well as real

edit: I'm assuming that both LLoyd and John have been witnesses - they would know that Jehovahs witnesses don't generally enter competitions. They rate value by means of merit and prestige and for them the people rating them count rather than what opponents may say or do.

• Listener
    Listener
    Ruby 456 here is what quora, that cedars linked to, also says about these awards
    The Webbys are a true competition award, like the Emmys, Tonys, etc while the Tellys are more like certificates of merit.

Cedar's didn't link to it, John Redwood did in his article.

cedars' (John Redwood) article uses circular reasoning and is very misleading as it based on a misperception. he then goes on to base his whole article on his own misperception as hekeeps calling these awards a competition when in reality they are (in their own words) below
    The Telly Awards is the premier award honoring the finest film and video productions,

Ruby, you even posted a quote that said it was a competition. The quote from Quora just makes the statement that the awards are more like a merit certificate than a competition. To be clear, they did not say that it was not a competition.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

what?

• Listener
    Listener

Ruby you posted this quote

here is what quora, that cedars linked to, also says about these awards
    The Webbys are a true competition award, like the Emmys, Tonys, etc while the Tellys are more like certificates of merit.

Note the use of the words 'more like'. They are saying that the Tellys are 'more like' a certificate than a competition.

In another example, lets say I was describing a house which looked more like an office building than a house. You could not come to the conclusion that it was not a house.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

except that cedars (John Redwood) didn't display that quote. edit: they must have read it. this could have guided them to ask what the difference is and whether or not the tellyawards and the watchtower were focusing on merit rather than competition where only one person wins.

Apart from the above, I'm not basing my argument on that quote but on how the tellyawards people describe themselves in their own words and on how the watchtower describes its awards in its own words. This has to be a starting point before one starts out to criticise them otherwise the individual is criticising what they themselves have created and that does not bear any resemblance to either the tellyawards or the watchtower.

edit: for example if someone said I am model and I am represented by A1 agency, you would immediately know that this model has a standing. for me this is what the watchtower are saying - we have been recognised by telly awards and here is our award and certificate. we are on their website as having won and we have purchased these representations to display in our display cabinet.

• Listener
    Listener
    Ruby - edit: for example if someone said I am model and I am represented by A1 agency. You would immediately know that this model has a standing. for me this is what the watctower are saying - we have been recognised by telly awards and here is our award and certificate

You would be mad to accept that the model has a standing just because she says she is represented by A1 Agency unless she had proof of it and you knew that A1 Agency were a reputable firm. Thousands of aspiring models have been scammed by irreputable Agencies.

It could be that she paid A1 Agency to represent her and they were only to happy to do so, even providing her with a portfolio of photos. In this scenario A1 Agency has left it to her to do all the legwork and has represented her at all if she's had to introduce herself to prospective employers/contractors.

I don't see anything wrong with the article written by John Redwood and you haven't brought up any points proving him wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit