if you had the slightest of doubt about leaving leaving the watchtower org. go to to jwsurvey.org NOW!

by nowwhat? 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• compound complex
    compound complex

AWAKE!, May 22, 2005

When this article was written [regarding the "Coffee Cupping Competition"], the JW media and public relations department had already entered multiple “competitions” in an effort to promote and legitimize their videos. This is in complete opposition to what they printed in the very next issue of the Awake magazine, June 8th. In an article on the subject of ambition and humility, the Awake stated: “People who are honest and reliable and who work hard often get noticed, find good employment, and earn respect. Surely, following this course is better than resorting to the manipulation of others for personal gain or competing with others for position.” -- JWSURVEY

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

“The Telly Awards has a mission to honor the very best in film and video,” said Linda Day, Executive Director of the Telly Awards. “[Company Name’s] accomplishment illustrates their creativity, skill, and dedication to their craft and serves as a testament to great film and video production.

https://www.tellyawards.com/images/uploads/pdf/Sample_Press_Release_Template_36th_Telly.doc

• Nameless
    Nameless
    I feel so f**king stupid!!! I have devoted my entire life to this crap. I've posted previously under a different user name, but changed it because I felt I would get caught (RecoveringISFJ and forgot password too). Last two years I have been in turmoil and this sh*t turns up? I'm sorry for the language, but ever since my marriage and everything started going south, that everything I have ever held in is coming out, including my damn beard!!!! The audacity of actually buying your own award! That's like me buying my own "Best Bass Guitarist" award at a local trophy shop. And what now? Middle aged raising my kids on my own because my ex checked out and is living a stupid life waiting for her boyfriend to leave his wife? Struggling to make ends meet and trying to undue the damage to my kids! No help from the KH (unless you need your computer fixed). Thank you WTBTS, and you know what BS stands for! Thank GOD my "worldly" co-workers are there to help.This is just ridiculous crap and here I was wondering if I was being unfaithful and stressing every day thinking I'm going to be killed at Armageddon!
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Game's up - the game has long been up.

Now, either the all new defined FDS do not bother paying attention to what gets out on JW.org ( which means that out of all the important jobs they have - surely the 'worldwide' messages that are transmitted being the most important- they don't actually care) or they thought it was just dandy......what a mess.

• Listener
    Listener

Good point that you made Sir 82 in response to their commentary regarding the Telly Awards

Hmm, what a glowing testimonial!
    I wonder if anyone else has had such high-falutin' praise?

In attempting to garner more glowing adulation for themselves in winning the awards they needed to promote and glorify the Telly Awards. This becomes an editorial advertisement for a commercial entity and JWs are paying for it.

It's ironic that the Telly Awards are specifically designed for the promotion and advertising of the film industry. In other words, the Watchtower not only becomes involved in the business of advertising but are promoting a business that facilitates the advertising of businesses.

I doubt that they are even making these video's under their own steam but engaging professionals. I remember seeing one video that gave credit at the end to an outside firm. I wonder how many Bethelites they've sent off to have special training even though they have decided to change their policy in regards to having them trained as lawyers.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hmmm......

https://stephenfollows.com/much-hollywood-campaigns-oscar-cost/

http://www.tellyawards.com/silver/club/members/

http://www.tellyawards.com/silver/club/members/?single=1&id=25

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/webcasts/elv/nail-bio.html

I guess what cedars is saying is valid but it is not balanced. so the problem here is that any JW or xjw can check what he is saying and realise that there is something wrong with his viewpoint and this can affect his credibilty.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Wow they're dumb. I see one on ebay for 41.99 or best offer. Could have saved a few bucks
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Listener: I doubt that they are even making these video's under their own steam but engaging professionals. I remember seeing one video that gave credit at the end to an outside firm.

Be careful about assuming that those "outside" firms are really outside.

The Watchtower makes it appear like an outside firm is involved in some cases when, in actuality, the firm being used is JW owned and operated. I am thinking specifically of films like "First Do No Harm" and "The Name of God". Both films were produced by JW owned companies and made by crews of JWs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you search the web, you find a constant argument about these "awards." Most who have paid for them with the goal of displaying them in their office, to hopefully generate more income by leading a potential customer to believe that "award" was earned serendipitously, think these "awards" are great.

The truth of the matter is that the WTBTS used dedicated contributions to pay for the opportunity to praise themselves in public, and then deliberately tried to pass off a stock quote as a genuine quote; all to praise themselves and decieve the rank & file.

Disgusting, Pharasaic, hypocritical, dishonest, unethical.....

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Slimy business, but clever. I remember passing this case at bethel and having them gloat, not about the "awards" in it, but how humble they were not to make an ostentatious display for them!! I shit you not. Like "oh we just have them on this basic shelf in a hallway because its nice but we really don't care." yea right,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit