if you had the slightest of doubt about leaving leaving the watchtower org. go to to jwsurvey.org NOW!

by nowwhat? 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Funchback
    Funchback

http://blog.pelland.com/2011/06/11/an-award-is-an-award-or-is-it/

...We also received a similar direct mail piece from the Telly Awards. According to their website, they received 14,000 entries last year from small agencies that were hoping to promote their businesses, each paying a minimum entry fee of $85.00. Do the math. That means that this questionable award generated at least $1,190,000.00 for its promoters! Want to, once again, add insult to injury? If you “win” one of these dubious awards, you will be automatically charged an additional $170.00 for your award statuette (probably plastic) and your certificate. I guess this is a bargain compared to the Davey Awards, since the minimum entry fee is slightly less, and you will pay $5.00 less for your statuette if you “win”. It is no surprise that, if you search for “Telly Awards scam” on Google, there are currently 24,400 search results. The Telly Awards and Davey Awards are not alone in preying upon start-up companies that are eager (or desperate) to broaden their exposure. They are joined by the Webby Awards and many, many other questionable enterprises that appear to be in the business of generating entry fees and selling statuettes. Do you think that anyone who wins an Emmy, Academy Award, or Grammy pays for their award?

The above is from 2011. For the WTBTS, desperate times call for desperate measures?

• kookie
    kookie

they are trying to hoodwink the flock and public claiming they won this award for great work, they share with others that have paid to enter, not found on JW. org, they will have the JW believe that they were singled out for their great work.

The GB apostates are so deceitful, just can't express how much I despise these creeps, they lie, deceive wreck peoples lives, bludge on the flock and give a false impression of being these chosen honest FDS chosen by Christ, they are wicked.

• sparky1
    sparky1
    "Nor have we been seeking glory from men, either from you or from others.............." 1 Thessalonians 2:6 RNWT
  • sparky1
    sparky1

I think the whole thing is a misunderstanding. Watchtower didn't win a TELLY Award.......................they won a Teletubbie Award!

• chicken little
    chicken little
    Careful Sparky that is the purple Telly tubby ... We were warned against them when in the org....possibly gay influence on our children😉
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

. the child abuse coverup scandal should have been enough. but now i finally have enough ammunition to leave once and for all.

so we have U.N. membership

child abuse.

revisionist histrory

failed, false prophecies

phony awards seeking glory from men

no financial transparency

• sir82
    sir82

You want a real laugh?

Here is what the JW website says:

The Telly Awards were founded in 1979 to honor outstanding television commercials and programs, video and film productions, and web videos and films. The field for 2015 was made up of over 12,000 qualifying entries produced between 2013 and 2015. “The Telly Awards has a mission to honor the very best in film and video,” said Linda Day, executive director of the Telly Awards. “The Witnesses’ accomplishment in the jw.org Newsroom illustrates their creativity, skill, and dedication to their craft and serves as a testament to great film and video production.”

Hmm, what a glowing testimonial!

I wonder if anyone else has had such high-falutin' praise?

Let me just google this part...."illustrates their creativity, skill, and dedication to their craft and serves as a testament to great film and video production"....

What do I find?

Seems that, oh, 27,000 other "winners" have "illustrated their creativity, skill, and dedication to their craft and served as a testament to great film and video production".

Impressive! JW.Borg has at least the 27,000th best video production unit in the USA!

• jaydee
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That "quote" is the official "quote" of the Telly awards. They actually encourage their "winners" to insert their name into the "quote." Can you believe that crap??

I would post other "winners" for a comparison, but this I-phone is really inconvenient. Cedar's has some other "winners" listed on his blog. Great job, Cedars!!

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    JW survey should submit their videos for consideration, then proudly declare that they've won the same award as the JW cult. No better way to demonstrate that they're phoney awards than by "winning" one and documenting the process that it took to get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit