if you had the slightest of doubt about leaving leaving the watchtower org. go to to jwsurvey.org NOW!

by nowwhat? 83 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Telly Awards?.........I thought it was 'Big Belly Awards' and I tried my damndest to compete. Where is my trophy?" - Mark Sanderson

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

this guy has won awards for his own work and is also on the judging panel for other people's work. telly awards is very upfront that it judges on merit rather than on competition.

http://www.mcconnellarts.org/2014/12/30/john-p-ondo-filmtechnology/

so whats going on?

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Are we sure the WT organization paid for this award themselves? Could a JW member have put up the money and in the process the WT got punked themselves?
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Brother Charlie Sheen, newest member of the Governing Body Teaching Committee helpers, accepts the Telly award on behalf of Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere! JW.Org was awarded this prestigious Telly award because it had the bestest, most neatest, coolest, awesomest, fantastical video ever produced since the invention of film!"-Office of Public Information Services: Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society New York

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Are we sure the WT organization paid for this award themselves? Could a JW member have put up the money and in the process the WT got punked themselves?

good point i didnt think of that.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Well, they are boasting about it at jw.org in the 'Newsroom' section. I wonder how long it will stay up?
  • Unprodigal Daughter
    Unprodigal Daughter

Telly Awards sounds like a huge scam. It can only be useful if you have something to gain by impressing a bunch of gullible people who won't think to google it. Which WT, of course, does.

• Listener
    Listener
    Now what it is possible that someone else paid for the award but in order to post the news report about it on their site they would have needed to do some research and the pretend quote gives them away.
    Ruby 456 Ceders didn't write that report but why do you say it wasn't balanced?
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

listener

here is what it says on cedars' website using his org ' jw survey' within the article. okay the article itself says John Redwood but isn't this still John Cedars giving the silent majority a voice?

As impressive as this sounds, JW Survey has uncovered details revealing ...
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

here is what quora, that cedars linked to, also says about these awards

The Webbys are a true competition award, like the Emmys, Tonys, etc while the Tellys are more like certificates of merit.
    and at bottom of that page
    There are definitely quarters in which the Tellys are prestigious: production houses, agencies, etc.

cedars' (John Redwood) article uses circular reasoning and is very misleading as it based on a misperception. he then goes on to base his whole article on his own misperception as he keeps calling these awards a competition when in reality they are (in their own words) below

The Telly Awards is the premier award honoring the finest film and video productions, groundbreaking web commercials, videos and films, and outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs.Our mission has been to strengthen the visual arts community by inspiring, promoting, and supporting creativity. The 36th Annual Telly Awards received over 13,000 entries from all 50 states and 5 continents.

You Be The Judge.We're excited to once again give the power to the people by allowing the online community to rate videos and help decide this year's People's Telly Award Winners. The People's Telly is your chance to earn recognition from industry leaders, producers, and enthusiasts from around the world. Being named a People's Telly winner validates the work you do and gives you that important stamp of approval within your audience as one of the best at what you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit