Simon

by KGB 50 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Um, posting criticisms of beliefs or opinions is in no way forcing contrary beliefs or opinions on anyone.

You object to the criticisms? Fine; post your criticisms of the criticisms. But don't whine and moan just because your cherished ideas are criticized. This is, after all, a discussion board.

AlanF

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi KGB, been there done that. Actually probably 2 or 3 times in the last couple years.

It is frustrating when you feel as though there is no side to stand on anymore. But who needs sides anyway? All they do is hold your gutts in place .

I'm not real sure that anyone picks on you for believing in God, maybe maybe not. But I don't or haven't felt picked on for "believing in God" Picked on for other things maybe but not that. Actually those I get along with the most don't believe in God percentage wise. It's just personal preference imo. I have to admit I often question the existence of God. Maybe not so much the existence of but the concept of what or who and so on.

I've been hurt and passed off and discouraged thinking I'm not going to come here anymore but something keeps drawing me back. Maybe it's Satan?

Na... I can't imagine why an entity such as Satan would even give a rats ars about posting here or not. He must have way more fun things to get into then message boards.

I think message boards are strictly a people communicating with people thing and when we get discouraged it just goes with the territory.

Perhaps if you try to hard to make people see through your eyes instead of their own? That might never happen so if you are happy with your personal beliefs then let that be enough...maybe. It's not supposed to be a Christians "responsibility" to "make" people believe.

Stick around.

plum

• Panda
    Panda

KGB, If you've decided to leave then I wish you the best. I hope making the break from here will give you what you need. If you don't get to read all of the posts sent to you, then that's your choice (which is a good thing).

We are all here to support one another for having left the WTS. Many here have lost friends and relatives to the cult of a publishing company. Finding our ways out have taken strength and courage. The fact that we have different religious views and express them is a big part of our new religious freedom. Or maybe you really don't feel this way. The nice thing is you don't have to agree. It doesn't matter. and as far as debate, I see that as a real treasure trove of information.

I know that sometimes it is easier for the ladies here to say "I'm sad", "I had a bad day", "I hate not having money"... you know stuff guys don't usually start talking about. So maybe answer some of those threads. Or stick to those you agree with. Maybe this isn't a good time for you to deal with debate. One thing for sure, the WTS R&F don't get to debate doctrine, or the Bible. Their lives are pretty much under control (if you follow the rules).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You need to leave KGB, and yes, in this odd case, Simon needs to delete your account.

You can't deal with anyone who criticises you, and you threaten violence when you get the least bit worked up. It can't keep happening, it shouldn't have been allowed this long.

If your chain can be yanked this easily online, I can only imagine what you're like in real life. But this place ain't healthy for you right now.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

You do have a history of leaving and coming back....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54280/786238/post.ashx#786238

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/54343/787263/post.ashx#787263

Then you did it again:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/56148/822763/post.ashx#822763

You are on a record pace for leaving and coming back. Matter of fact you broke the record.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You can't deal with anyone who criticises you, and you threaten violence when you get the least bit worked up.

I've noticed this. I've seen in these discussion you giving as good as you are given. Oftentimes we receive what we send out. I wish you well KGB, but perhaps you should consider leaving. If you get so angry on a discussion board over disagreement with your beliefs, then it's not healthy for you.

• Joker10
    Joker10

You are trying to change a pesons mind, KGB. But you can't do that wIth so many JW haters around here. Yes, its definetly discouraging to try to help them by listening to them. But then they laugh or whats more, they critize you for your well-meaning thoughts. This is not the place to 'give your heart' to. Best wishes.

• xjw_b12
  • Ravyn
    Ravyn

Dear KGB,

I am glad I got to know you a little better before you decided to leave. I hope you all the best in your health struggles. Please feel free to keep in touch if you want to. we don't have to talk about religion--we can still talk about God. I got the results back from the cancer test yesterday and they were normal, but that means they still don't know what the problem is.
    And it means I am still taking 14 prescriptions a day and still not feeling well enough to do my own housework or shopping. so online is my life now.
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Ravyn Giuliani
    Bedford, VA
    [email protected]

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Joker10,

You are trying to change a pesons mind, KGB. But you can't do that wIth so many JW haters around here. Yes, its definetly discouraging to try to help them by listening to them. But then they laugh or whats more, they critize you for your well-meaning thoughts. This is not the place to 'give your heart' to. Best wishes.

KGB is hardly an advocate of the JWs. He knows the world doesn't revolve around them either. The majority of disagreements KGB has got into was over evolution/creation and the bible.

And please stop using such a broad brush. Just because someone points out a flaw in your relgion or beliefs doesn't make them a hater. Quit it with the persecution complex.

-

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit