Simon

by KGB 50 Replies latest jw friends

• happyout
    happyout

Hi, Stacy, and welcome to the forum,

People who have been here for a while sometimes get tired of the dramatic exits of very sensitive people who don't like it when others disagree with them. Especially when those sensitive people come back not long after their dramatic exits.

Also, as in KGB's case, he is whining about other people and how mean they were to him, while not taking full responsibility for the fact that he often brought it upon himself.

I don't know if you've been lurking for a while, but I can honestly for the most part when someone gets blasted, they have done something to deserve it.

By the way, others have left the site, and sent goodbye messages, and received nothing but well wishes. It's really all in what name you have made for yourself, an individual with passion and strenght, but also tact and reasonableness, or a whiner who thinks the whole world is against them.

Hope this helps, and, again, welcome.

Happyout

• riz
    riz

simon has said many times that he doesn't have the time or inclination to go around deleting peoples' accounts just because they throw a temper tantrum or decide they want to leave.

just stop posting. it's really that easy.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Again?

I was going to leave it at just that but....nah.

KGB this here is a discussion board not an agreement board. I'll stop and let that sink in.

You're really killing your credibility by threatening to leave and then coming back and doing it again shortly thereafter.

Maybe this ain't the best place for you after all?

Mike.

• JH
    JH

I think that if someone wants his account to be deleted, there should be an option that we could do it ourselves and not ask Simon. Why not?

Just don't post is a solution, but if he wants a more drastic one, why not?

• onacruse
    onacruse

JH:

if he wants a more drastic one, why not?

De-registering a poster is one thing; deleting all their posts is entirely another. How many times have we gone back into the 'archives'? What if we were trying to follow the line of thought in a thread, only to find that the otherwise informative discussion was unintelligibly disjointed because pertinent posts were missing?

In my short tenure on this db, I've seen that de-registering a determined poster usually results in them quickly re-registering under a different username. I saw this happen 4 times in 1 hour, and each username was more offensive than the last.

otoh, I've seen many folks make a courteous 'thank you all, I'm moving on with life' thread...and that's great! This db is not a be-all and end-all, but imho it's best use is as a spring-board to get past JWism and on with life. Which plays into what Bendrr says:

KGB this here is a discussion board not an agreement board.

Thank goodness for that! Otherwise, I'd still be wallowing in self-pity and confusion.

Craig

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have to say that I am amused at those who make the big announcement that they are leaving.

For the record, I do believe in God, and I will not back down from it. Those who do not believe, that is entirely up to them.

If you are interested in talking about the existance of God, then do it with someone who also wants to talk about it as well.

At the same time, the God bashers should cool their heels too.

• gumby
    gumby

Well I just got here and so I'm sorry dude if I'm late in posting my two cents. I know you better than anyone here and I'm going to suggest something you need bad.

Your problem is management of anger and you know that. Since you are a firm believer then let's look at it from that point of view. You'll never cut the Christian life if you do not learn to take critisism......period! Jesus set the example of paficism and he taught his followers the same. When peter took the ear off of a soldier.....Jesus said that those who live the way peter was acting......would die that way. He meant we do not handle things that way. Paul was beat, called names, stoned, left for dead......and he never lost it. The same is true for early Christians at their beggining......they took all kinds of ridicule to the point of being thrown to the lions.......they never threatened those that ridiculed them.

If you are going to pursue the Christian life and make it's message appealing to others you WILL have to control that part of you. I'm a mean bastard also as you know when I get pissed.....but I control it pretty well. You made the statement last night you were going to go ask Jesus for forginness for being so angry at everyone and calling them names..........yet you never asked forgivness from those you sinned against. Jesus would have said" go make your peace first with those you have transgressed against.......then my father will forgive you".

I hope you can see by all the responses that people here care for each other as their comments to you have been shown. Because sixer teases you or bradley or any others do........shake it off and prove your point to them.......they will debate and discuss.....they love to. It's when your feathers get ruffled to a point you won't reason is when the jackles come out You make some excellent points when you are not pissed as others have verified.......and you have also impressed me with some of what you have written. Your heart is good...........but your anger is not letting it show it's good side.

Think before you speak is another good policy. I blow it all the time on that but I'm slowly getting better.

Take care my friend,

Gumby

(Edited for about 28 typo's)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hey KGB, what's up? I guess I missed something here. If I get someone who posts a self-appointed sanctimonious JWD elder type comment I just blow it off. It may bug me for a while, may even tick me off, but on some level, and often with time, I learn something from all the comments here. This place can push a person outside his or her comfort zone. That is good my God loving friend. That is how you grow. Stick around, I enjoy your comments, even the stupid ones! Maverick

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Drama! Suspense! Another deletion request!

The excitement never ends. LOL

ash

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Gumby man that was a great talk, I found that your use of scripture, gestures, examples, all tied together for a very coherent presentation.

Nest time we would like to see you work on facial expressions, 'cup'led with some visual aids. This would allow KGB to clearly see what your theme was.

Tying the introduction, body, and conclusion together with a simple statement like 'in other words KGB is gathering up his toys and stomping out of the playground, this type of conduct should be avoided'.

See how it just all comes together.

Thanks for your effort brother Gumman.

Theosporadic Miniseiries Servant.....Bro.BearAss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit