That good old JW rumour mill

by punkofnice 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's coolio Vid. I'll supply the killer guitar solo for ya.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Punk, they can't stand it when those who leave are happy, successful and have a whole network of new friends. Here I am, a 65 year old woman in Ohio, USA, and I have been totally enamoured of you and your posts for years! Love you Punk!💖

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SaH - Well, that's very kind of you. Thank you. I'm a boring old git really

• Wayward
    Wayward

Always made me laugh whenever we'd get scolded from on high about the evils of gossip. Gossip is a fine art in JWland.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNKOFNICE:

Yes, rumors in the Witness religion take on a monstrous life of their own. So, you are an urban legend!...I don't care what they say about me at this point.

However, I make sure when I meet JWs or even ex-JWs (because I hope it filters back) to tell what my negative experience in the religion was and how I was viewed because I worked. I tell them I am retired, know about all the changes in the religion, and am GLAD I'm not around to know about Witness problems!

I want them to know that I WANT them to know!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Geez PUNKOFNICE, I'm shocked they haven't accused you of being a vampire too. . . .

They have such active imaginations. You need this to believe in invisible kingdoms and such.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wayward - You aint wrong there. The JWs wouldn't know truth if it bit them on the posterior.

LongHG - They know that you know that you know that they know...now I've confused myself.

Brekkers - Perhaps I am a vampire by now. I look forward to hearing more stupid rumours.....they are amusing. I wonder how that bloke at the retail store feels when he sees the jobos at another checkout when his is empty. On the bright side, it's a lucky escape for him.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC - The thing that was the tipping point for me was the 'overlapping generations(tm)' garbage. ~ Punk

That was one of the deal-breakers for me, too. But, please explain to me why we were not smart enough to see it all as BS after the 1975 fiasco or the 1995 generation change?

I've concluded that I'm just a slow-learner.

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - We didn't have the connections like we do now with the internet. Information that shows the watchtower as a scam wasn't available. I trusted that my parents and family knew best. Now it's all out there to scrutinise. As for the weirdo videos the WBT$ is pumping out ...gotta wake some up, surely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit