That good old JW rumour mill

by punkofnice 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I've been out for so long I doubt I ever come up in conversation now, but when I first left the rumour went around that I had done so to start my own Religion !

I replied when I heard this that it was a splendid idea, as the WT had proved there was Big Money to be made !

If ever a "leaver" is spoken of by active JW's they simply have to invent some reason for our leaving that does not involve the fact that we know it ain't the "truth". They are scared to even mention that concept, so our no longer being with them must be for some other reason, so they are forced to resort to fiction to find that reason.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are known to make up demeaning false stories about people who left the ORG.

I've heard many, its like well they left, they must be mentally inundated with Satan's evil spirit so they are mentally diseased now.

Bullshit lies to lure people to the ORG. then bullshit lies when they wake up to the truth and leave.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Many of the WT studies warned of gossip dangers. But as I've said many times, being in the KH doing the WT study has NOTHING to do with real life as the dubs live it. They raise their hands and agree with the points as printed. Then they walk outside and go back to their genuine style.

I was the crazy one who thought the study applied to actual life.

So, people who knew us for nearly 30 years believed the lies told by ex-son in law and his new wife. Never asked US for our side of the details. The gossip was flaming hot and our reputation was burnt to a crisp. I watched it on facebook day after day.

People who smiled one day, ignore the next. If gossip is fun in the car group or on the phone, it was a hundred times more fun on social media. I thank them - we're out of that shitpot and enjoying our lives.

But just to say, you are absolutely correct, Punky!

Marina

• kairos
    kairos
    People who smiled one day, ignore the next.

This is a huge point. I thought they were my friends of 20 plus years.
    WRONG!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, we all realise a very sobering and confronting fact :

The "friendships" we thought we had were no more than acquaintances with whom we shared a faith for some time.

Once that one thing was no longer in common, the relationship was reduced to nothing.

And worse still, they would look for any opportunity to bad-mouth us to others. I think it is a way for them to try and rationalise their behaviour in their own minds.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5751633187176448/all-my-friends-organisation

• Wayward
    Wayward

Mom assumes I left because some of the young 'sisters' hurt my feelings. (I caught them red-handed gossiping about me at a meeting. Now its funny remembering how embarrassed they looked when they saw me standing behind them.) They did hurt my feelings, but that wasn't even close to being the reason I left. So much easier to blame hurt feelings than to admit da twoof is garbage!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Millie - I'm quite boring in real life. It is nice to meet forum members though. I've met some.

Tiki - You are spoy on, matey.

Phizzy - Yes, it's a world of fiction in the bOrg.

Finky - I agree. It's hard o fins a grain of truth in that cult.

Iown - I was talking to an aosta-friend about the very same thing yesterday. The Jws read how they should be loving and kind like Jesus and co. However, in real life they are not allowed to put it into practice. Cog Dis at its fullest.

Kairos - Conditional love is all the JWs know.

Stuck - How can they dare say anything positive about an 'apostate(tm)'? To do so would lend credance to the idea that 'mentally diseased apostates(tm)' are not all that bad.

Wayward - I feel your pain. It's laughable on one hand but facepalm worthy on the other.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

In JW-land you don't have friends; you have co-worshippers.

If you stop "co-worshipping" ... they are done with you.

Eden

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Eden - I wonder if they really know the true meaning of love or it's been switched off by the corporation. I wonder if I have a callous side as a result of indoctrination and thought reform from birth.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

LOL the old rumour mill, it ranged from the usual demonic possession to even my own sanity, over 20 years later there is still life left in the old Jook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit