That good old JW rumour mill

by punkofnice 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, I think the question should be WHY do Jehovers Witnesses bother with the rummer mill?

I have concluded they know the rummers are all B.S. (Bullshit) but it's more fun than the other type of B.S ( Bible Study)

On a serious note, if the elders make an announcement that a person is no longer a J.W, it creates a rummer mill. Ok it may seem ridiculous, but I believe what we the victims of the malicious rummer mill can forget is that it's very harmful to those" people" who engage in spreading such rummers. I mean their but for " OUR" leaving the organisation could be " YOU" or " I". Think about that.

I believe the " rummer mill" is deliberately created by the G.B, therefore I would rather be a victim than part of it.

The Rebel.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

How about this for a rumor. My dad asked to come off as a min servant many years ago. Of course they dont announce it like that, the announcement from the platform was "bro so-and-so is no longer a ministerial servant" (why they have to announce it at all is beyond me).

The rumor going round was that "he's been taken off because he hits his wife", "he's been taken off because he committed adultery", but the one that stuck was "he's been taken off because he refuses to go on the ministry... i mean look, we haven't seen him on the ministry in weeks!.

How loving of the congregation.

In actual fact he had cancer. He was receiving treatment and even had morphine on a drip at this stage. Because he didn't tell everybody most of the congregation didn't know. The rumor got so bad that even though the elders knew he has cancer and was receiving treatment they visited to see if there was any truth in the matter that some people have been saying hit hits his wife (my mum).

I mean, lets face it, this organization is all about truth isn't it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jook - Oh, the old 'demon' thing. How pathetic of them.

Reb - The GB certainly love self abuse. No wonder the JWs are so messed up when it comes to believing fairy tales...to the extent of making their own up.

Pale E - Wow. what cold hearted filth those jobos are.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Ah, the good old JW rumour mill. Yes, I know what you mean, Punk.

During the time when I was fading, I was once having a bad day so I bought two cans of medium strength (5%) lager from an off-licence before I went to the library to look for jobs.

A self-righteous sister who thought she was cleaner than a nun's knickers saw me.

From then on, I was LUHE the alcoholic to the local congregation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - By gum. what a smug, self righteous cow she was. Plenty of them in the Jehovah's Witness Cult.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I remember when I started dating my future wife. We were invited to a "social gathering" of a nearby congregation. The room was small, there weren't many seats, and at some point my then girlfriend sat on my leg. No biggie. No one said anything. One week later the elders on MY congregation called us to the backroom at the KH to lecture us about the incident and nearly accused us of fornication. Wtf!?

Eden

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Eden - Typical of cultish bullying. Because that's what it is...bullying.

• Wayward
    Wayward

I'm really sorry to hear what your dad went through, pale emperor. Its really sad that not only did he have to deal with a devastating illness, which is bad enough!, he had to deal with the slander put out by his ever so loving 'brothers' and 'sisters'.

Years ago a lady in my hall, an elder's wife, stopped going out in fs and started missing a lot of meetings. Of course the old gossip hotline revved into high gear. She was drifting away from the twoof; she was cheating on her husband. All the usual idiot stories. Then she died from leukemia. I wonder if the people who slandered her while she was dying felt at all bad after she was gone.

Oh the love!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wayward _ you are correct...there is sooooo much love in the watchtower cult.......NOT!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I wonder if the people who slandered her while she was dying felt at all bad after she was gone."

A JW ever admitting that they were wrong? Ha...NEVER! They show up for the funeral and hit the free buffet after the service. They all share the JW quote of the day..."we'll see them again soon." As soon as it is all over, it's life as usual. Until it happens to THEM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit