Prediction of how Watchtower going to be in 5 Years.

by Foolednomore 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I'm waiting for them to realize how much money is in a college degree. "Kingdom Business School". Get those Bethelites to pay for their education while working at Bethel and give them a diploma at the end.

• hoser
    hoser

All I know is with gas prices going to be 6 dollars a gallon it does not Bode well for those now driving 30 miles to the k.h.

I will give you an example. There was a Kingdom Hall my dad helped build in Eureka Kansas that Watchtower sold to the Masonic Lodge a few years ago. Whatever is left of that congregation now has to drive a minimum of 45 minutes to the nearest Kingdom Hall in El Dorado Kansas. Watchtower used to do well in small communities, but that is no longer the case and low population counties like that can't afford to drive multiple times per week to meetings.
    It’s nothing to do with the publishers driving and everything to do with real estate resale values. Other than the value of the land it costs exactly the same to build in small town as up and coming suburbia. Buildings are easier to sell in larger centres as well. It’s a real estate company pretending to be a religion sans capital gains taxes.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I'm surprised the Borg has lasted as long as it has''.

That was according to Rion on her CultTastic youtube channel.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

For my mother and sister it is also about the belief of soon living in paradise on Earth in which there is no more evil and no more suffering, along with obtaining eternal life with perfect health. The most recent time I talked with my mother I sensed great joy in her while she talked about the the world getting worse in many ways and that thus (to her) the great tribulation will soon begin. That is because to her the apparent very great increase of trouble is tremendous evidence that deliverance is very near and that the new order of Christ's rule is very near - Matthew 24:33 and Luke 21:25-28 (1984 NWT).

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

In my prior post I was talking about the reasons why my mother and sister stay in the JW religion, besides the reasons stated by Simon of why current day JWs remain in the religion. They also firmly believe the religion is the truth. When I tell my mother that there have been many doctrinal changes in the JW religion, she says the changes have merely been minor refinements. She doesn't accept there have been major doctrinal changes. In one conversation a year or more ago my sister says it greatly displeases her when I try to convince her the religion is wrong (something I didn't do often), so I stop trying to convince her of such. But lately mom in every conversation I have with her tells me that eventually I will see the significance of what is happening (namely that the great tribulation is about to begin) and see the truth (namely that the JW religion is the truth), and she says she hopes I will recognize such before it is too late for me to be saved. She does this despite me asking her over more than 10 years (since I became an atheist) to never say such again to me, because it bothers me she keeps trying to change my views instead of accepting that I will never become a JW believer again and that I want to never ever become a JW again, and that the religion harmed me psychologically and intellectually and in other ways.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DISILLUSIONED JW:

I also believe that those that stay in the JW religion don’t even care what is being taught. Hardly any of them can explain what the teachings are. It’s not about accuracy of beliefs and I think it never really was. I was so deceived as to what the religion was really all about and would never have joined if I knew.

They only know the name ‘Jehovah’ and the words ‘new system’. Everything else makes no difference to these people.

I also believe the changes were major and not ‘minor refinements’.

Why do you think they were always talking about ‘loyalty’? This bothered me because it implied that something was wrong but you should stick with it anyway..or something was wrong with you.

Some believe it is the ‘truth’, others might not be so sure but it’s too late to uproot their lives and go elsewhere. This religion is a whole lifestyle.

Like you I believe the JW religion is damaging psychologically and I’m not even a born-in! Anybody who wants to stay in? Good luck. I’m just glad I got out years ago with most of my marbles intact, and with the full-time job they all hated me for which I kept until Retirement.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Longhairgal- That's the truth! No Jw can explain their beliefs . The Website they have is a joke! I am thankful that I had the courage and common sense to get out.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    In order for Jehovah's Witnesses to grow I would imagine a couple would have to have 4 children. Here's why 4 -

I’ve heard on ex-Mormon reddit that if it wasn’t for Mormon family’s consisting of 3 children or more. Then the Mormon church would be in free fall in the USA.

Despite what the Pew survey says, that everybody loves quoting. I would argue the Mormon church is fearing just as badly if not worse than the JWs.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

LongHairGal, it was not my intention to give the impression that my mom and sister don't care what is being taught, nor that they know almost nothing the religion's teachings. I'm sure they know what the JW doctrines on the core subjects of: no trinity, no hell torment, no immortal soul in humans, the 144,000 anointed ones, faithful and discreet slave, 607 BCE and 1914, great crowd, great tribulation and Armageddon, moral standards, Christ, holy spirit, and more. However I'm sure most JWs including my mom and sister don't know all of the WT's teachings, and I didn't know all the teachings (nor have an interest in all of them) when I was an active JW. The WT has so many teachings it is not possible for more than a tiny percentage of JWs to remember all of the teachings.

I think the WT's talking about loyalty is largely in order for the WT to maintain control over the JWs.

By the way, when I told my mother that the WT and its religion harmed me psychologically she said she doesn't believe it, or that she doesn't see how that could be the case. She doesn't believe the religion is harmful. I told my mom that the WT saying not to question the WT's teachings on doctrines and to avoid literature of certain subjects (including literature critical of the WT), and to not use independent thinking all troubled me. I tried to explain how the WT harmed me, including how it hampered me from learning the truth about evolution.

I also mentioned how the emphasis on meeting attendance and preparation for meetings, and going out in field service, and studying so much WT literature used up a lot of my otherwise free time that I would have enjoyed using in other ways. I also told her that the vast majority of the time I didn't enjoy meeting attendance and field service, and I said that those activities were almost always boring to me.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

A close ex-JW friend of mine said she was told the WT is building a Meditation Center, but I haven't found any information about it on the internet. Do any of you have any information about the WT building a Meditation Center?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit