Prediction of how Watchtower going to be in 5 Years.

by Foolednomore 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I can see it that Watchtower will become an online/TV based group with just Con-vention hall$.

Field service would be letter writing and phone preaching, door to door is done.

Watchtower will have pay to view programs and still ask for donations after all that.

Zoom meetings are here to stay. Kingdumb Halls will be sold off except for Con-vention venues, or need for new ones$.

DF'ing will continue. The craziness will continue.

Asking for money, retirement accounts and mortgages to the org. The end is so close.

The fear factor will get more intense. Get more Sucker$.

Members will be on a point system with the Org to show how spiritual they are.

• hoser
    hoser

They will have to set up a pay wall on their web site

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Birthdays!!!!

Of course, celebrated with circumspection.

The prohibition for celebrating birthdays is relic from the past. They already celebrate weddings and anniversarys I believe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

You are probably right about what the JW religion will become in the near future.

I’m sure they will probably sell off more halls and will consolidate further. It will be more online with Zoom here to stay. There will be more asking for $$ as you mentioned. There will probably be smaller type conventions maybe held more frequently since they need some in-person meetings for control and contribution$.

I also believe the ‘point system’ you mention for ‘loyalty’. Of course, they won’t call it that. I do think and might have said before that they will be more vocal and nervy towards those in congregations who aren’t giving handouts to the deadbeats there!

Glad I got out years ago. At least when I was there, the majority of the Witnesses around me were middle class homeowner types and weren’t begging or cornering people for money!

But, the demographics have changed for the worse. I think it’s reaching the point where I don’t see how it’s possible for responsible sane people to even continue there. They would be pestered constantly.. Not good. 👎

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Even now they are having trouble getting everyone back to the Hall. There are about 70 still on zoom in my area. I'm not sure how many are on KHConf. I believe the total head count is supposed to 150 or something. This is a packed kingdom hall with two congregations recently combined. Everyone knew how crowded it was before covid hit and now they don't want to be crammed in to get possibly infected.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG -- you wouldn't believe all the non-working JWs in this area early 90s. Beggars (lazy slugs) playing the role of pioneer to fit into the in crowd.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Watchtowers future Is focusing on the children. People are not coming in from territorium so they gonna do what they can too grab the jw children early. More Caleb stuff. Music videos for children. Much more cartoons and stuff. It's gonna be a little of children's church this org. Baptism will go lower and lower in ages. Ms in the teens and elders in there 20s. They gonna focus on the most vulnerable. Before it was the poor and uneducated in the territorium. Now it's gonna be 100 % on jw children. And yes most gonna be online. Regular meetings in khs are mostly for elders that wanna meet up Don't think they are in this org interest anymore.

• JWTom
    JWTom

I have not posted here for awhile. Depending on how fast the USS JW Land ship is sinking.....I think anything is possible. As the GBoobies and the Bethel Borg get more and more desperate.....I think almost anything is possible.

They are already getting pretty desperate in my opinion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

The mentality of having an army of deadbeats who don’t want to work but instead want to be out in the ministry pioneering (to fit into the crowd 🙄) is unsustainable.. I assume these JWs are either on disability or do some work part time and scrounge around. I really have no patience and couldn’t have this sh#t around me!

Gone are the days I tolerated being in car groups with weirdos. But at least back when I was in they were mostly Working weirdos. Not this!

The main reason I left the religion was 1995 and them leading everybody on. This particular situation, however, about the great numbers of people there who are irresponsible and therefore needy is a self-created cultural problem (by the religion). I absolutely REFUSE to be around this.

The religion created this situation over the decades with their hypocritical stand against college/careers; encouraging ridiculous 1975 behavior like selling assets and pioneering ‘til the money runs out; plus bringing in people with serious issues to fill empty seats in the halls (vacated most likely by ‘Faders’ and older people who passed away). The result is the demographic changed for the worse. When these elderly (Boomers and older) are gone, it’s going to resemble an insane asylum because I don’t believe any of the younger ones with a brain will hang around.

Somebody would have to be out of their damn mind to even want to be around this!..It serves the religion right that their monstrosity of hypocrisy collapse in on itself and it can’t happen soon enough.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Org appeals to children but once these children grow up and see that this is all based on empty promises. They will be out quickly. Old ones dying off. Those educated or getting educated saying " Wait a minute, Watchtower stated this but meant that?!?" No new ones coming in, except the uneducated or those who have not done their due diligence. Watchtower will be a small laughable group as they are becoming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit